Little Gems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lizban

What little (and it must be little no big stuff allowed)gems have yoou learnt/ beeb taught that has made a big differance to your 'cycling experiance'

Mine has to be always fasten your helmet after use so as to stop hose findishly complex twists that the straps get themselves in

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Lizban said:
Mine has to be always fasten your helmet after use so as to stop hose findishly complex twists that the straps get themselves in

I haven't learnt that one ... but my helmet must be better behaved than yours:biggrin:.

Little pearl of wisdom - err tuck in your rear brake cable to stop you knocking it with your feet.

NigC

Make sure your saddle height is right for you - don't assume it's right when it leaves the shop. Couldn't believe the difference that made to me :biggrin:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
NigC said:
Make sure your saddle height is right for you - don't assume it's right when it leaves the shop. Couldn't believe the difference that made to me :biggrin:

Well in that case - change your saddle height when you change your shoes;)

Molecule Man

When approaching a parked car, keep an eye of whether the wheels are changing direction, indicating it could pull out in front of you.

Haitch

Flim Flormally
To stop clothes with velcro fastenings getting tangled up with other items in the washing machine, close the fastenings before putting them in the machine.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Keep your tyres pumped hard. Invest in a good chain lube. Def +1 to get your saddle the right height.

Top Bottom