Liverpool - stuff to see?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Like this: ?

Liverpool's Liberal Democrat leader Richard Kemp said it was a "day of shame" for the city, adding that it would "without a doubt, affect our tourism and inward investment".

So an opposition politician takes a party political view? Not really a big deal.
Ignoring party politics, I guess most people would like to have kept the label, but they want the regeneration/development more. Having a terminal for cruise ships (or not) will likely have a bigger impact than vague worries about future tourism.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blue Hills
So an opposition politician takes a party political view? Not really a big deal.
Ignoring party politics, I guess most people would like to have kept the label, but they want the regeneration/development more. Having a terminal for cruise ships (or not) will likely have a bigger impact than vague worries about future tourism.
to be clear, I wasn't putting forward the LibDem as any sort of authority - they have long struck me as being too willing to exploit issues. I don't think it a "day of shame" as he dramatically puts it.

to be clear, I wasn't putting forward the LibDem as any sort of authority - they have long struck me as being too willing to exploit issues. I don't think it a "day of shame" as he dramatically puts it.
Its the job of opposition parties to oppose, they'll all play that card. Tbh, the guy in that previous youtube link struck me as being fairly balanced/representative. The docks are large and while people focus on the 3 graces, the WHO site was much greater and included many parts that fairly desperately needed redevelopment.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
No, he's got you bang to rights there.

That kind of 'reasoning' is one I've had to face most of my life. An insult masquerading as a joke 'we're' supposed to laugh at and then when it's pointed out to actually be an insult this pathetic 'defence' is brought out. Your snideness is even shown when you can't even write 'famous' because that clearly bothers you so you have to demean it with the two preceding letters.

All I posted was a factual post about heritage site status being withdrawn due to a 'smelly' football ground - a dig at the 'heritage in aspic' elitist attitude of those who assess these things.

Yet you and another poster go into full character assassination mode.

Goodness knows why, but it's no wonder Scousers are known as whiners.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Back to the point, the wonderful Foxes Afloat do Liverpool.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAhFWyKD79o

I was very impressed by the bit of canal that goes right along the front of the three graces but don't specifically remember it from previous visits.

Question - obviously those tunnels (the Foxes comment on how clean they are) are new, but did the canal always run on that "link" stretch or is it a new bit of canal?

When I was there, on a bend approaching one of the tunnels there appeared to be lots of nice little balls on strings in the water that to my ignorant mind looked as if they might interfere with navigation - is that bit of canal closed in the winter?

Plenty of heritage to spare in that vid.

All I posted was a factual post about heritage site status being withdrawn due to a 'smelly' football ground - a dig at the 'heritage in aspic' elitist attitude of those who assess these things.

He's got you bang to rights as you've just proved. And I'm not even a Scouser.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
He's got you bang to rights as you've just proved. And I'm not even a Scouser.

Bang to rights about what?

The heritage status has been removed, as far as we can gather, because of the football ground.

Yet those simple facts posted by me indicate a serious defect in my character.

Scousers - and some non Scousers - need to get a grip.

T4tomo

Legendary Member

Can you explain how an unbuilt football ground can be "smelly", given your post is purely factual?

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Bang to rights about what?

The heritage status has been removed, as far as we can gather, because of the football ground.

Yet those simple facts posted by me indicate a serious defect in my character.

Scousers - and some non Scousers - need to get a grip.
As I pointed out - it wasn't anything in particular, just your whole approach to everything here. You appear small minded, mean spirited and snidely - just about everything you post is a criticism of something or someone . But, as your replies continue to demonstrate, I guess you don't care.

Top Bottom