Lobster anyone ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Badger_Boom

Über Member
I do like lobster but it’s usually too expensive on restaurant menus. Luckily there’s a couple of guys who fish them off th3 beach here in Devon and who sell them very reasonably. They’ll even cook them for a bit extra.

Had one once in a Japanese restaurant cooked live which was a bit unpleasant. It was in the far east i'll add.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
This place is about a mile away, I should give it a go, meant to be very good.

http://www.thefatcrab.com/surrey/

Esp on a Wednesday… BOGOF on Lobsters every Wednesday!
Dine in with us on a Wednesday at The Fat Crab Surrey, order one lobster and get another absolutely free. Winner winner, lobster dinner!

I don’t like crab other than in a small amount in a seafood cocktail or with prawns & avocado for example.
Don’t like scallops either, taste nor texture!
The Harrow restaurant is only about 30 minutes from Chateau Slowmotion. Thanks for the info.

one place i would love to go back to in Salcombe .... great spot and some of the nicest seafood i have tasted in the UK.
1673223453891.png

figbat

Slippery scientist
I’ve never knowingly had lobster as I am not usually drawn to seafood, but I’m off to Iceland (the country) next month where it appears lobster is served in a lot of places, so I’m expecting to give it a go (or at least have a try if my wife orders it!).

I’ve never knowingly had lobster as I am not usually drawn to seafood, but I’m off to Iceland (the country) next month where it appears lobster is served in a lot of places, so I’m expecting to give it a go (or at least have a try if my wife orders it!).

Sounds like a fun trip! Bet the seafood is epic.

oldwheels

Legendary Member

Depends on how it is served I suppose but you need a hammer to get the meat out of the claws. It may be served already cracked if a whole lobster is on offer. You also have to peel the gut out of the body part before eating but that part can be dealt with by hand. Messy business. :whistle:

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk

Take a couple of heart pills and make sure you're sitting down when she does :cheers:

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk

Top Bottom