Lobster anyone ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Badger_Boom

Veteran
Location
York
I do like lobster but it’s usually too expensive on restaurant menus. Luckily there’s a couple of guys who fish them off th3 beach here in Devon and who sell them very reasonably. They’ll even cook them for a bit extra.
 

Grant Fondo

Legendary Member
Location
Cheshire
Had one once in a Japanese restaurant cooked live which was a bit unpleasant. It was in the far east i'll add.
 

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Location
lost somewhere
This place is about a mile away, I should give it a go, meant to be very good.

http://www.thefatcrab.com/surrey/

Esp on a Wednesday… BOGOF on Lobsters every Wednesday!
Dine in with us on a Wednesday at The Fat Crab Surrey, order one lobster and get another absolutely free. Winner winner, lobster dinner!

I don’t like crab other than in a small amount in a seafood cocktail or with prawns & avocado for example.
Don’t like scallops either, taste nor texture!
The Harrow restaurant is only about 30 minutes from Chateau Slowmotion. Thanks for the info.
 

Grant Fondo

Legendary Member
Location
Cheshire
one place i would love to go back to in Salcombe .... great spot and some of the nicest seafood i have tasted in the UK.
1673223453891.png
 

figbat

Former slippery scientist
I’ve never knowingly had lobster as I am not usually drawn to seafood, but I’m off to Iceland (the country) next month where it appears lobster is served in a lot of places, so I’m expecting to give it a go (or at least have a try if my wife orders it!).
 

Grant Fondo

Legendary Member
Location
Cheshire
I’ve never knowingly had lobster as I am not usually drawn to seafood, but I’m off to Iceland (the country) next month where it appears lobster is served in a lot of places, so I’m expecting to give it a go (or at least have a try if my wife orders it!).

Sounds like a fun trip! Bet the seafood is epic.
 

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Location
Isle of Mull
I’ve never knowingly had lobster as I am not usually drawn to seafood, but I’m off to Iceland (the country) next month where it appears lobster is served in a lot of places, so I’m expecting to give it a go (or at least have a try if my wife orders it!).

Depends on how it is served I suppose but you need a hammer to get the meat out of the claws. It may be served already cracked if a whole lobster is on offer. You also have to peel the gut out of the body part before eating but that part can be dealt with by hand. Messy business. :whistle:
 

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Location
52 Festive Road
I’ve never knowingly had lobster as I am not usually drawn to seafood, but I’m off to Iceland (the country) next month where it appears lobster is served in a lot of places, so I’m expecting to give it a go (or at least have a try if my wife orders it!).

Take a couple of heart pills and make sure you're sitting down when she does :cheers:
 

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Location
52 Festive Road
 

dicko

Legendary Member
Location
Derbyshire
When we visit the Atlantic cities of Canada later this year I am going to sample my first Lobster meal. What would you recommend with the Lobster, salad and chips maybe?
 

T4tomo

Legendary Member
When we visit the Atlantic cities of Canada later this year I am going to sample my first Lobster meal. What would you recommend with the Lobster, salad and chips maybe?

Holy thread resurrection - A crab, have a crab Dicko
 

albion

Legendary Member
Location
Gateshead
Seems amazing that the fairly timeless Rock Lobster is 48 years old now.
Less an acquired taste, maybe.
 
Last edited:

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Location
52 Festive Road
Had a Crab when we lived in Bournemouth thought Id lash out on something bigger?

Have a lobster roll. Seriously, a lobster roll's a wonderful thing, my family prefers it to anything else you can do with a lobster. My daughter's request for her last birthday meal was a classic prawn cocktail followed by lobster rolls.

... but I'm not a fan!
 
Top Bottom