Lobster anyone ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I have eaten it 3 times (once in a swish, expensive restaurant) and have to say I can happily live without it.

My son is a chef/owner of a nice place and decided to put lobster on the Christmas day menu.
Out of 80 covers just one person went with lobster.......that must say something:rolleyes:

Slick

Guru
Lobster is the food of the gods.

Trying to eat Lobster bisque in a swish restaurant with a tie can leave you looking more than a bit foolish but got to be one of my many favourites.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Lobster is the food of the gods.

Trying to eat Lobster bisque in a swish restaurant with a tie can leave you looking more than a bit foolish but got to be one of my many favourites.

This was a whole lobster.

Slick

Guru
This was a whole lobster.

Which is just a tail, but probably even better on its own anyway.

Mrs Slicks dad was a commercial fisherman all his life, which which in modern times meant they had no money but lobster was always on the menu. :okay:

winjim

Smash the cistern
I did visit the West of Scotland a few years ago and ate an awful lot of langoustines...

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Much, much rather have a lovely piece of turbot or similar tbh - esp the crawfish we get fed in the Caribbean when we fish.

geocycle

Legendary Member
I like lobster although usually the cost is a bit off-putting. Best I’ve had was in Arcadia NP, Maine served simply with a plastic bib … and chips.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
There’s not a whole load of meat on a lobster, lot of shell. I‘ve only really eaten in the US

Depends on when the shell was last changed. You can get a large lobster with little meat or small ones with the same amount. Most meat is in the claws.
We ate lots as I had creels as well as diving.
We also got lots of langoustine which we called prawns. Also known as Norwegian Lobster.

Top Bottom