Lobster anyone ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Not really,what are commonly known as prawns here are not the same as English prawns. Languistine is the proper name.
I always thought that was more an East Coast thing fishing in the North Sea?

Screenshot_20221226-143837_Chrome.jpg

winjim

Smash the cistern
You have to be very careful with claims like that, Loch Fyne Kippers actually came from Peterhead but were smoked on the Loch. I've never heard of prawns being farmed on Lochfyne.

I don't think they're claiming to be farming them on Loch Fyne are they? The company name is Loch Fyne, the langoustines are trawled off the west coast.

Screenshot_20221226-152653_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

oldwheels

Legendary Member

I would never eat dredged ones as the destruction of the seabed is immense. Same goes for scallops hand dived only.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Ah, memory is coming back to me and I know that business very well. I think they get an extra couple of quid each if they call them langoustines. :laugh:

I have no idea if the ones I ate were from that specific company. It was just an example of a company providing seafood in the region.

Slick

Guru
Now you have me confused. Need to go and search among my bookshelves.

I'm sure wiki has their own opinions on the subject but I do know nobody in Tarbert refers to them as langoustines unless their trying to push up the price. :laugh:

Top Bottom