Lock wouldn't unlock - aaargh!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Yeah, sorry...it was always going to be a bit of an anti climax.

Like I say, it was all too easy and quick in the end. Borrowed an angle grinder from my friendly LBS man, four quick cuts - no more than 5-6 seconds apiece - and that was that. Bike was, needless to say, immensely relieved and almost pathetically grateful. If I remember correctly, the exact words were "About bloody time".

The moral of the story, for me at least, is don't even think about relying on any kind of lock to secure your bike against anyone armed with an angle grinder. This was a serious U-bolt type lock, and like I say, the thing went through it like a hot knife thru' butter. Passably terrifying.

And they all lived happily ever after.

THE END

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Yaaaaawnnnnnnnn............. Morning. Have I missed anything? Well?

Whist you where grinding away :tongue:hnarrr::tongue:hnarr: did anyone show any remote interest in your actions, or is it quite safe to take an angle grinder to a bike lock in your neck of the woods without fear?:stop:

Rustybucket

Veteran
Thank f*ck for that. Well done everyone involved x

classic33

Leg End Member
Yeah, sorry...it was always going to be a bit of an anti climax.

Like I say, it was all too easy and quick in the end. Borrowed an angle grinder from my friendly LBS man, four quick cuts - no more than 5-6 seconds apiece - and that was that. Bike was, needless to say, immensely relieved and almost pathetically grateful. If I remember correctly, the exact words were "About bloody time".

The moral of the story, for me at least, is don't even think about relying on any kind of lock to secure your bike against anyone armed with an angle grinder. This was a serious U-bolt type lock, and like I say, the thing went through it like a hot knife thru' butter. Passably terrifying.

And they all lived happily ever after.

THE END
Which is what was said in #6
Battery powered angle grinder? . Had to take one to my last magnum d lock after some thieving scum battered it and made it inoperable trying to nick my bike outside the local cinema boy did I get some funny looks as I tried to get my bike back :banghead:( I did inform there management and the local old bill)

Julia9054

Guru
If it stayed there any longer it might end up like this one
image.jpg

Top Bottom