Lock wouldn't unlock - aaargh!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
As it 'appens...during the no more than two or three minutes between 'setting up' and the final act, probably three or four people came up to engage me in discussion about what I was up to...no-one asked me for papers or anything, but I'm pretty sure they were looking to see how I responded/whether I sounded plausible or dodgy. Altogether quite reassuring (tho' I was, it has to be said, on the main drag...right outside the front entrance to the leisure centre, with a stream of people going in & out).
Yes, reassuring. Mind, those Londoners are ever so nosy....

Frood42

I know where my towel is
:bravo:
cake and tea to celebrate :birthday: :cuppa: :cheers:

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Up to a point. The lock was one of those ones with a barrel key. Like this:
images.jpeg

...and it wouldn't go in, past the 'top plate', to turn underneath it. The 'top plate' just went down with the key...so it wouldn't revolve. Basically, the lock was knackered.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
This isn't over yet! The real issue for Swee'pea99 is how will he cope next time he has to lock up his bike in public. The anxiety could just be too much, resulting in him collapsing on the floor in tears, shaking like a jelly, physically and mentally unable to snap shut the lock for fear of having to go through all this again (Not sure we could take it either to be honest).
I think from some of his comments we can clearly see he has bottled up his emotions during this sorry episode and this isn't good. He needs to let it all out and face his demons. It will need support and therapy but I am sure with help he will one day be able to ride out a proud and happy man? :crazy:

Kies

^^^ agreed!

The OP is clearly in a state of shock and denial. He appears to have submerged his true feeling over "key gate". I worry about his mental state moving forward, as he could be travelling quite fast on his newly freed steed.

byegad

Legendary Member
I wept when I realised the poor thing was free at last. Normal life at Byegad Towers can resume.

Top Bottom