Lockdown project Vespa

3narf

For whom the bell dings
Hello, this is my 1966 Vespa 150 Standard (VBB2T) - I've been off since 22 March which has given me time to do some modifications including converting the front fork to a disc brake type (from a donor LML Star Lite), a total rewire and a bit of instant personality with spray cans and Campag stickers.

I have some engine work planned over the winter but TBH it runs so well I'm quite enjoying just riding it as it is!

Last pic is 'before' for reference. The mudguard had to be modified to expose the shock and it divides opinion... I quite like it compared to some of the German industrial solutions for this type of conversion, which put a big bulge over the shock.

tyred

Legendary Member
Nice job. I'd love one of those but would need to sit a driving test to be able to use it.

Nice but I never had a Vespa. We had a 150cc Lambretta on which we travelled with camping gear from Glasgow to Belgium and back. I rather fancy a Vespa now in my old age but I don't think that will ever happen.

Drago

Flouncing Nobber
Over 3 decades ago I had a GSXR1100. One day I was razzing up the A5 when in the distance I spotted a group of a dozen or so scooter boys putt putting up the road. I dropped a gear and gunned it and shot through the middle of the group at a three figure speed closer to having a 2 at the beginning than a 1. I looked in my mirrors to see them wobbling all over the place like well dressed skittles.

Despite such loutish behaviour, I actually like scooters.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Over 3 decades ago I had a GSXR1100. One day I was razzing up the A5 when in the distance I spotted a group of a dozen or so scooter boys putt putting up the road. I dropped a gear and gunned it and shot through the middle of the group at a three figure speed closer to having a 2 at the beginning than a 1. I looked in my mirrors to see them wobbling all over the place like well dressed skittles.

Despite such loutish behaviour, I actually like scooters.
I had a Lambretta GT200. Didn't do much 'putt putting' on that. It was quick for a scooter but still slow compared to your machine, although on a gradual descent on the A1(M) approaching Biggleswade (where I worked) I used to get it off the clock.. probably around 80-85mph. That was fast enough for me on a scooter. Problem is scooters aren't at all aerodynamic!

Top Bottom