Lon Las Cymru South; Llanidloes - Chepstow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
anyone done any of it recently? I'm thinking of Llanidloes to Chepstow in a (long) day in August (then Chepstow to home the next day - the idea is to cylce back off me hols.) Am I kidding myself? Will be travelling light, credit card touring stylee, on a triple equipped tourer.

Seems to be about 160km with 2212m of climbing. Managed 140km with 1880m of climbing on the weekend without too much of a struggle and have done over 200km in a day once this summer along with about 8 x 100km+ day rides.

lukesdad

last year I did cardigan to winchester in a day 250 miles. basically along A40 with some little alternative back roads toget off main road.then went via usk to chepstow. over the old severn bridge. Then skirted bristol to the north. thru chipping somewhere? castle coombe,chippenham and devizes. then across salisbury plain to andover.and finally winchester .It took me 16 hours on abike similar to yours with a small stuffed to the gunnels back pack.loved every minute of it 50years young.

lukesdad

Yeah real good actually live near newcastle emlyn up on top by the windmills you probably know it moved down here about 6 years ago from hampshire havnt looked back biking heaven good roads no traffic great scenery,and all the new m/bike trails in brechfa what else could a man want. they re building a new by-pass around llandysul by the way what a mess.

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
lukesdad said:
Yeah real good actually live near newcastle emlyn up on top by the windmills you probably know it moved down here about 6 years ago from hampshire havnt looked back biking heaven good roads no traffic great scenery,and all the new m/bike trails in brechfa what else could a man want. they re building a new by-pass around llandysul by the way what a mess.

about time. not sure when I'll next be down there, all friends and family have moved away further west or east. used to do some work in and around Emlyn (IT support for local firms). I've heard good things about Brechfa. The lure of free accommodation and in-laws family in Llanidloes always lures me up there though.

lukesdad

Dont quite get up that far. Do quite a bit round Tregaron and Rhayder Elan valley etc. Know horsham quite well, my old stomping ground was around Guildford and Petersfield, riding around Surrey Hills and southdowns etc. Oh well if you cant be in Wales probably youre in the next best place. Lovely countryside around there too. Used to do some nice rides up around Goodwood and chichester .Ah ! brings back lovely memeroies.

Top Bottom