England : London London Audaxes 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
@rb58 @martint235
There's also the Kent Grimpeur on 13 March from Otford.
I'll be having a TMN for than one then......

Can't see the Man O' Kent but only went up to July. There's the Kent Invicta Grimpeur 100 on 13th March though.

I'm free (as in not on call) for the Oasts and Coasts but not sure if I can be a****d with a 300 I'm afraid.

marcusjb

The Rowlands RAAAmble is now in the calendar starting in Surbiton on September 11th:

http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/16-368/

Great looking route and a cracking day out I am sure!

I've now ridden and fine tuned the entirety of my 200km twice this month and, I have to say, I am pleased with the route. A lot of very pretty bits and whilst the climbing is not huge overall, I have (not intentionally!) made quite a tough ride (especially on fixed) with some really steep climbs along the way. It will be even better in summer I am sure. Entries are trickling in at a nice rate (I am amazed that people are so organised and know what they're doing in 6 months time. I barely know what is going on next week).

tatr

I believe the Greenwich Mean Climb will be running in September. 300k! Of hills! And cake!

marcusjb

I rode the Cogidubnus 200 route on Saturday. First time since January and it is so much better without persistent rain, relentless headwinds and flooded roads! First time I have ridden it on gears too - makes for less walking!

I will tidy up the route sheet and gpx files over the coming days.

Entries for the 200 and 110 have come in steadily since January. Plenty of space left.

Don't forget the Ditchling Devil (rode that route yesterday) in a little over a month. Great event with a big field and great cake. I can't ride the event as I will be finishing a 2600km DIY (hopefully) that day, but may pop up to the pub for the latter finishers.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
The Shark Saturday 9th April
202km Starts from Greenwich. Unfortunately I can't make this one, but it looks really convenient. Seriously unflat!

I've only just discovered this thread, but I can definitely recommend the Shark for next year - it's an excellent route. And you're not wrong about its unflatness.

I'm hoping to do the Ditchling Devil but haven't entered yet. I like the look of Marcus's ride as well so might see if I can fit that one in too.

I did Straight Outta Hackney last year. Wasn't too keen on the last stretch of the ride into north London on a Saturday teatime, but that's the price you pay for a London ride, I guess. Still a very enjoyable outing and worth doing for the catering at the finish alone.

tatr

I can't do it this year but West half of the Sightseer route is great.

I will be doing the GMC though! Really looking forward to it - my first 300. The only niggle is that I have to be home by 9pm which will require finishing in sub-15 hours which might feel a bit like this -> :banghead:

marcusjb

Greenwich Mean Climb is a real head banger of a ride for sure.

Very tough and cuts across the grain at many points. The wind on the coastal bits makes things double hard!

Last year, I made the mistake of reveling in post PBP fitness and thinking I could do it on 71-inches. I flipped over to 67-inches at about 140km, but the damage was already done and made it quite a grovel for the rest of the ride.

Highly recommended!

OP
OP
Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I've just checked and unfortunately I'll be washing my hair on Sunday 17th Sept. Otherwise I'd jump at the chance to do 300km and 4,000m climb.:wacko:

crazyjoe101

I was having a read through this thread last night looking for some audaxes to enter and I didn't spot these two Steam Ride ones here which probably count as London:
200km - http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/16-600/
100km - http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/16-182/
I've known about audax for a while as there's a group in my club who are quite keen on them but until now I haven't really looked into it. I have my first one here in Leicestershire in about 2 weeks but I hope to ride some more when I'm back in London this summer. I don't know which ones I'll go for yet but I've put all this thread's mentions in my calendar so I can keep track of what's on.

tatr

Interesting... those two were also run in March.

The 200k was a great route but I didn't enjoy the ride back to central london from Ruislip.

Top Bottom