London Bus Driver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ayceejay

Guru
I have this situation all the time. On the back of Montreal buses it announces that you should let the bus pull out which is fine by me but (and this is what I tell 'em) that doesn't mean they don't have to look first.

OP
OP
idlecyclist

idlecyclist

Thanks for all the feedback. I reported the driver to TFL and on the met polices Roadsafe website. I'll let you know if anything comes of it.

I have the cam just stuck to the side of my helmet with the bit of Velcro that came with it. Is there a better place for it to improve position? Maybe on the top?

Soup890

Crazy
Thanks for all the feedback. I reported the driver to TFL and on the met polices Roadsafe website. I'll let you know if anything comes of it.

I have the cam just stuck to the side of my helmet with the bit of Velcro that came with it. Is there a better place for it to improve position? Maybe on the top?
All the best. What cam do you have?

Use plain language--"That was dangerous!" "You're a professional driver so drive like one!" The only times I have been squeezed like that is by professional drivers, and they are totally aware of the situation. Speaking in generalities, of course, but it seems to me that private drivers, by comparison are the ones that typically lack situational awareness. You guys in London have my respect.

Feastie

Über Member
Seasick after watching that video!

I hate it when bus drivers do that. Vast majority of them are super about it, of course. Although I always find it quite spooky to see their shadow on the road in front of you and realise one is looming over, waiting for you to get past the stop - the electric ones are so quiet!

jarlrmai

Veteran
Still works, already you are off the original complaint and are now talking about something meaningless with no bearing on events.

Top Bottom