London commuter cyclists wanted for TV programme

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snorri

Legendary Member
Actually stv have already filmed my hazardous commute dodging waves in a gale as they hit the sea wall and wash across the road at the same time as I am attacked by dive-bombing terns in the nesting season as fighter aircraft roar overhead on their way to the nearby bombing range.
They just want to film some of you southern softies pootling to work to represent the genteel side of cycling:biggrin:.

OP
OP
S

STV1

Thanks very much to everyone who e-mailed. We now have someone. And to answer your questions: it's a documentary about long and extreme commutes around Britain. Thanks again.
p.s. "User1314", your e-mail sadly never came through but nice photo all the same.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Thanks very much to everyone who e-mailed. We now have someone. And to answer your questions: it's a documentary about long and extreme commutes around Britain. Thanks again.
p.s. "User1314", your e-mail sadly never came through but nice photo all the same.

Would you come back and let us know if/when it will be broadcast?

GC

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

Count your blessings.

OP
OP
S

STV1

It's pencilled for September. Someone from the team will do their best to remember to post on this thread. If you don't hear on this thread, just give STV a call at the beginning of September. All the best.

Ganymede

Veteran
Glad you came back, STV1. It's a shame you will miss filming over the winter weather, which is when commutes get much more extreme...

I imagine you may not have a brief to respond to some of the concerns raised here but I bet they might give your team pause for thought. After my friend's experience, and Benefits Street (among others), I would never, ever take part in a tv show. I was also asked recently by a very respectable programme-maker if he could use a shot of my house for his history documentary. I readily agreed, until I found that the independent film company making the show (for BBC4) had a clause in the contract basically saying they could use the footage for absolutely anything, including advertising, for ever. We wouldn't sign. Why (in this instance) be so greedy when it's just self-sabotage?

Your show might be utterly honest and kosher and you might be full of integrity but your industry has bad form.

Top Bottom