London Commuting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Origamist

Legendary Member
Mike! said:
Nice!

What camera is that? Looks v' good!

Go Pro HD. Shooting at 720/60fps, but WMM can only handle 30fps.

BentMikey said:
That was going to be my next question! Good pace you have there Origamist, btw.

I was running late, so was putting a bit of power down along there.

Did you spot NFL helmet man - I brake, but still pass him too close...

Jezston

Über Member
Origamist said:
Did you spot NFL helmet man - I brake, but still pass him too close...

Is he the one with the blue wee-wee like in those nappy/sanitary towel ads, which he probably should have taken heed of?

iLB

Hello there
bloody hell matt looks like you were motoring there, sounds like you were using a disc wheel as well. is that a fixie you were on?

Origamist

Legendary Member
iLB said:
bloody hell matt looks like you were motoring there, sounds like you were using a disc wheel as well. is that a fixie you were on?

Yep, that was the on fixed. A disc wheel would be wasted on the battleship Plug, but I know what you mean about the whirring sound!

g00se

Veteran
I cycle up here in Norwich and commute through London. Bit of a different mindset really - much more relaxed up here (much like driving). London is far more aggressive for those on bike and in the car - but I think I prefer the battle of it a bit more.

Origamist - what bike/setup was that?

Origamist

Legendary Member
g00se said:
I
Origamist - what bike/setup was that?

It's a Charge Plug - my heavy-duty commuting rig (but there's not many original parts left on it). I run it fixed: 44/15 or 44/16.

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Cracking camera and speed! :becool:

I do rather find the commuter bunching and their 2 mile slow overtakes of each other somewhat frustrating. Especially when the bunching is slowing down the cars as well making it dangerous to filter and make progress quickly. Still it's great to see so many on the roads and fantastic to see more actually stopping at lights. :laugh:

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Origamist said:
A bit of London cycling from yesterday...

View: http://vimeo.com/12433706

lol...translation

"A bit of video of me riding so fast that I couldn't believe it myself and had to show you guys!!!"

Cracking speed Origamist, and the HD pro does a really good job, I am pretty much decided that that is my next cam as it suits all my needs(Cycling, Skiing, Driving) and seems to offer a much more realistic view than the Contour (with its exposure setting stuff)...sorry Gaz

and this wasnt even at 1080?

have you tried 1080 are the files too massive to do anything with?

Origamist

Legendary Member
jonny jeez said:
lol...translation

"A bit of video of me riding so fast that I couldn't believe it myself and had to show you guys!!!"

Cracking speed Origamist, and the HD pro does a really good job, I am pretty much decided that that is my next cam as it suits all my needs(Cycling, Skiing, Driving) and seems to offer a much more realistic view than the Contour (with its exposure setting stuff)...sorry Gaz

and this wasnt even at 1080?

have you tried 1080 are the files too massive to do anything with?

That was just a pootle, Jonny...You should have seen me when I was young and TTing! Now I just ride fast on my commute to slow down my inevitable transformation into Big Daddy...

I find 1080 on the handlebars too choppy/jello-like, but the pics would be better on a helmet, I'm sure. The files are big, but still OK (720/60 has equivalent file sizes to 1080) - but I guess it depends on what processor you're running in your desk/lap top.

The Contour and GoPro each have their pros and cons, so it will depend where your priorities lie...

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Origamist said:
so it will depend where your priorities lie...

these days, they lie mostly in my wallet. So its probably Mags ex-cam for me then!!

On second thoughts I think I will stick to the HD hero, I just like what Ive seen and it has a few features that seem to fit my needs.

Impressive run though (even for a tired old bloke):becool:

anyuser

Über Member
@Origamist

What handlebar and brake lever setup do you have on there? Looks like the brake levers are ideally placed for a setup I would like.

Origamist

Legendary Member
jonny jeez said:
these days, they lie mostly in my wallet. So its probably Mags ex-cam for me then!!

On second thoughts I think I will stick to the HD hero, I just like what Ive seen and it has a few features that seem to fit my needs.

Impressive run though (even for a tired old bloke):becool:

I don't think you'll be disappointed with the GoPro HD. There are some good mounting options (helmet, chest, roll bar, handlebar, head etc), and the new firmware update should iron out a few of the niggles. If you want a test with mine, let me know.

If you can, get it from the US. I paid £200, but was lucky to have a mate bring it back.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
yep, as with the op's Matt.. some fair old speed there... then again not surprised seeing you waymark and speed to the front on the FNRttC.

Top Bottom