"London cyclist safety plan launched"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
100 times the current level of traffic policing, attacking all the usual driving problems: speeding, phone driving, driving without insurance/mot/licence/etc, red light running.. That'll sort out 99% of our safety problems.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I think TfL (Traffic flow London) are running scared at the moment after their recent prioritising of cars and trucks over everything else, the Bow flyover death on the exceptionally shoddy CS3, the Blackfriars Bridge farce, and - finally - Ken Livingstone's comments that there was a good case for a corporate manslaughter case to be brought against them. Having seen how TfL's obsession with traffic flow jeopardises cyclists at a local junction, I think Livingstone has a very strong point.

The remaining £7 million will be allocated through the Cycle Rail Working Group - the body which brings together representatives of the rail industry and the cycling sector - to improve integration between cycle and rail at stations.

I don't want more *****y cycle racks - I want to take my bike on the train!

As of now, all it takes is 2 cyclists to get on in Scarborough - and no cyclist from there to Manchester can get on? Bonkers.

OP
OP
briantrumpet

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
I think TfL (Traffic flow London) are running scared at the moment after their recent prioritising of cars and trucks over everything else, the Bow flyover death on the exceptionally shoddy CS3, the Blackfriars Bridge farce, and - finally - Ken Livingstone's comments that there was a good case for a corporate manslaughter case to be brought against them. Having seen how TfL's obsession with traffic flow jeopardises cyclists at a local junction, I think Livingstone has a very strong point.
And (though I don't cycle in London at all), that's why I think that this announcement could be significant. I guess it's up to us to hold the politicians and policy-makers to their words. You can make a revolution with lots of small steps.

Top Bottom