London oh what has become of you ..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Blue Hills
I love good beer stalag and thanks to two excellent local spoons have never ending temptations of new stuff.

My local spoons even has an informal expert consultant who can describe stuff and even tell me, pretty accurately, what I will like.

I can never describe stuff myself, just know the types that I, personally, like.

On "craft" I was in a central London spoons with a young foreign chap a while ago (recent arrivee in London) , actually nice and intelligent, who I must admit made me smile/snort when he returned from the bar with his round to announce somewhat grandly that he had obtained for me a CRAFT beer. :smile:

As if CRAFT was some holy label.

Am always amused by Trumans apparent revival as CRAFT. It was crap in the past and now as CRAFT its pretty piss poor.

Here's hoping you have a good spoons near you - good to amazing stuff guaranteed to turn up.

Yes, in case anyone points it out, they now do pizzas, though strictly supermarket standard - maybe why the manager of my local spoons was a bit p'ed off at the "innovation".

stalagmike

Enormous member
Watney's is back too. Though I am way too young to remember it first time round. I seem to recall a Carry-on film where red barrell featured heavily.

Top Bottom