London oh what has become of you ..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
£17 for 4 beers? You're going to the wrong bar if that's all your paying.

Wrong bar is fine by me :-).

Globalti

Legendary Member
I was born in that London, in a hospital that is now a hostel for, er, homeless men, the Princess Beatrice Hospital.

Lived and worked there for 6 years in the early 80s. Still love visiting the place. Ironically I always head for the best restaurant in London, Maroush Express, which is Lebanese.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
great beer for sure.
Though I'd check your typing derrick.

all the best.

The jumbled typing just proves @derrick tried enough samples of the beer!
I'm not paying £17 for some poncey hipster nonsense either. I managed to consume enough Peerless Oatmeal Stout in a 'spoons the other night to give me a bad head in the morning and even including the lamb doner kebab I had afterwards I still had change from £20!

OP
OP
Blue Hills
I'm not paying £17 for some poncey hipster nonsense either. I managed to consume enough Peerless Oatmeal Stout in a 'spoons the other night to give me a bad head in the morning and even including the lamb doner kebab I had afterwards I still had change from £20!
Well clearly john you got your pairing wrong :smile:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Grrrrrrr, blokes,

102352_360.jpg

Jody

Stubborn git
I can assure you that £17 will put off most Northerners, most of us don't have a week wage to throw away on 2 poncy pizza's

Good grief someone pays you well. Do they have any jobs going?

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
My fingers are to big for my phone. When they make a phone for a man i will get one.^_^

stalagmike

Enormous member
I don't really blame anyone for wanting to make some money off the back of hipster poncey-ness. Surely anyone who has listed a bike on eBay as 'eroica-ready' is secretly hoping some bearded, sleeve tattoed, short trouser wearing mug is going to push the bidding up sky high for their spruced up Raleigh Arena?

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Well yes, fair point, business is business.

It's the attendees you worry about - doubtless they will be FB/instagramming themselves at it.

And think what they will be like to go out for a pizza and beer crawl with afterwards - "actually" they will intone, "that beer just does not so go with that beer".**

Is there no simple pleasure the poncy middle classes can't ruin? (note - all three words together, being middle class is no crime) - first football, then the bleedin pizza.

In a previous age they would have been sneering at folk for mis-use of the fish knife.

The path of social history is surely an interesting one.

** Declaration of interest - I love good beer and I love good pizza.

In the right company

stalagmike

Enormous member
Well yes, fair point, business is business.

It's the attendees you worry about - doubtless they will be FB/instagramming themselves at it.

And think what they will be like to go out for a pizza and beer crawl with afterwards - "actually" they will intone, "that beer just does not so go with that beer".**

Is there no simple pleasure the poncy middle classes can't ruin? (note - all three words together, being middle class is no crime) - first football, then the bleedin pizza.

In a previous age they would have been sneering at folk for mis-use of the fish knife.

The path of social history is surely an interesting one.

** Declaration of interest - I love good beer and I love good pizza.

In the right company
Don't get me started on what's happened to beer. 75% of craft beer is now so over-hopped and citrussy so as everything tastes like cloudy lemonade. Anything malty seems to have disappeared off the menu in most places.

Top Bottom