FNRttC London to Shoreham Friday 2nd June 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SandySnake

Good ride @SandySnake : I guess you entered it as a 300k DIY? I've always found the actual FNRttC means the rest of the DIY has to be done more quickly than I can manage, in order to get inside the time.

Could you do some doubling back, make a loop during the halfway break, that sort of thing?

In future I think that if I wanted to combine a FNRttC and a DIY Audax I'd volunteer to join the recce ride. The one recce ride I did with Adam to Felpham last year left HPC at 1am and the pace was a little brisker with fewer/zero re-grouping stops. Breakfast was great that day as well.

Tim Hall

How did the Edifice compare to previous visits? They're under new management/there's been a palace coup y'see.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
How did the Edifice compare to previous visits? They're under new management/there's been a palace coup y'see.
Rather excellent. Sandwiches were bought in but perfectly good, decent cake and flapjack (portions of the latter a little small but they handed out what was left at the end, which made up for that!), reasonable prices & as TMN has noted free tea refills. Helpers were very friendly.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
John Freebody I expect. He's been a Scout since roughly forever.
The person I thought I recognised couldn't accurately be described as "he".

hatler

Guru
It was a delight being back at the Edifice as opposed to the soulless Costa at the airport. (Shame I didn't have enough time for a second cuppa though, but that's nothing to do with the Scouts.)

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
The person I thought I recognised couldn't accurately be described as "he".
4144.jpg

(I recognised her too)

hatler

Guru
I've related previously the tale behind the (originally) amazing loos.

Apparently, snazzy loos are a quick and comparatively cheap way of improving the perceived quality of a building. Gatwick however did this set on the cheap, which is why they now smell pretty unpleasant and on each of my last few visits there about half the cubicles have been out of action.

Top Bottom