London to Southend my first ever cycling event advice please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian193

Über Member
Anyone got the route for this from previous years

cm2mackem

Über Member
should be a good day really looking forward to this one :smile:
Yep if its warm my wife has a picnic out for us on Stock village green , if you see us as you pass stop for some cake, there was 10 of us last year , some others thought it was an official feed station, watch out for the pub at hanningfield who pretends to be a feed station but charges

I feel like joining in, to keep an eye on you guys. Except I'm so slow, I'd never seen any of you.

Plus I don't do sportives.

(My grandfather left Southend in family shame for Australia well before WWI. In 17 years, I've never been there. I must make a visit).

cm2mackem

Über Member
I feel like joining in, to keep an eye on you guys. Except I'm so slow, I'd never seen any of you.

(My grandfather left Southend in family shame for Australia well before WWI. In 17 years, I've never been there. I must make a visit).
Having done it few times now its not a race and its just nice to be out seeing the sights , there are some great sights especially the guy who does it on a chopper in his beach shorts and flip flops, even when it chucked it down a few years ago

OP
OP
Tiny01

Tiny01

Darren on Bkool

Yes come on you should do it , you could do London - southend - London - southend then back to London to make it just like one of your normal rides ! ;)

DaggersJeff

The hard bits are up past Grange Hill tube to Lambourne End,Tysea Hill and West Hanningfield, the rest is pretty flat and car free,

That first one is a bit of a drag.....used to do that dip on a training ride....many moons ago!

Lee gg

Parking a van at southend then getting the train to the start. Where is best to park for the day ? Obviously I can/will cycle a couple of miles outside of the main front.

cm2mackem

Über Member
Parking a van at southend then getting the train to the start. Where is best to park for the day ? Obviously I can/will cycle a couple of miles outside of the main front.
The park we finish in has the carpark open early plus the overflow bit, I've been talked into riding back to Chelmsford from Southend

Top Bottom