London to Southend my first ever cycling event advice please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lee gg

Really good reading your journey on a bike so far, as a fellow newbie and gooner also from Essex I'm also landing to ride the j's ride this week 50 miles.

OP
OP
Tiny01

Tiny01

Darren on Bkool
Thanks Lee & welcome good place this & some really good advice given to help newbies don't be afraid to ask , or use the search feature for info

It's suprised me how quickly you seem to get bike fit & start eating up the miles I love just getting out on the bike exploring up & down lanes that I drive past day in day out but don't take no notice of whilst driving to & from work .

Given up with the Gooners now mate I'm a baggies supporter tonight anything apart from them lot down the road winning it ! Can you imagine it ? Arghhh come on Leicester ! :smile:

Probablly see you Sunday at the J's event as long as it's not 30 mph winds & slashing it down with rain on Sunday , I thought last night that I'd actually commit to it & register & pay on line to enter but after I'd completed all the info there website crashed so didn't complete the registration / payment , though I'm sure that you can sign up on the day anyway .

Lee gg

Thanks Lee & welcome good place this & some really good advice given to help newbies don't be afraid to ask , or use the search feature for info

It's suprised me how quickly you seem to get bike fit & start eating up the miles I love just getting out on the bike exploring up & down lanes that I drive past day in day out but don't take no notice of whilst driving to & from work .

Given up with the Gooners now mate I'm a baggies supporter tonight anything apart from them lot down the road winning it ! Can you imagine it ? Arghhh come on Leicester ! :smile:

Probablly see you Sunday at the J's event as long as it's not 30 mph winds & slashing it down with rain on Sunday , I thought last night that I'd actually commit to it & register & pay on line to enter but after I'd completed all the info there website crashed so didn't complete the registration / payment , though I'm sure that you can sign up on the day anyway .
Boing boing baggies lol, sign up on the day is best me thinks. I'm a 2nd year newbie and also hooked got a busy month coming up rides around Colchester

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
your biggest worry should be the people around you. Give space to people ahead of you, keep your hands on the brakes and watch out for parked cars if there are cyclists to your right.

Ian193

Über Member
After missing it last year due to NO TRAINS from Southend vic to Stratford my other half will be driving me to the start this year and meeting me at priory park at the finish

OP
OP
Tiny01

Tiny01

Darren on Bkool
Well hope the trains are running this year otherwise it might be a spanner in the works , don't think the mrs would be to keen driving out from Stratford if I do need dropping off , she's ok for collection duties from southend though :smile:

Couple of warm up events the next two Sunday's with the j's hospice ride on May 1st & probably do the ride for Helen event on the 8th May , that'll be a big step up for me if I decide to do the 65 mile route .

Lee gg

Well hope the trains are running this year otherwise it might be a spanner in the works , don't think the mrs would be to keen driving out from Stratford if I do need dropping off , she's ok for collection duties from southend though :smile:

Couple of warm up events the next two Sunday's with the j's hospice ride on May 1st & probably do the ride for Helen event on the 8th May , that'll be a big step up for me if I decide to do the 65 mile route .
I'm also planning to do those same 2 rides, did the Helen one last year.(I was broken)

OP
OP
Tiny01

Tiny01

Darren on Bkool
I'm also planning to do those same 2 rides, did the Helen one last year.(I was broken)

Nice one Lee , I'm daunted by the mileage but up for a challenge so I'm in , most I've done mileage wise was my first trip out on the bike 1 month ago & managed 52 miles albeit with a few stops so my thinking that with a few others around 65 miles should be achievable :smile:

Mrs tiny is getting involved as well & has registered to be a volunteer for the event as well

Lee gg

Nice one Lee , I'm daunted by the mileage but up for a challenge so I'm in , most I've done mileage wise was my first trip out on the bike 1 month ago & managed 52 miles albeit with a few stops so my thinking that with a few others around 65 miles should be achievable :smile:

Mrs tiny is getting involved as well & has registered to be a volunteer for the event as well
Weather being kind, you will get around it forget the speed enjoy it in a group .I will go round with you I also need the miles as I've been to busy to go out as much as I wanted.

Lee gg

Oh crap, talked myself into a 65 mile ride lol. Better get rid of the leg rust or pray to baby Jesus's for heavy snow lol.

Top Bottom