London2bournemouth Cycle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

anaerobic

Hi everyone

I thought i'd tell all on the forum about a new annual cycle ride/sportive, the London2Bournemouth Cycle starting on 12th July 2009.
It starts in Wimbledon, South-West London and finishes on the seafront in Bournemouth.

The 115 mile road course is designed to be a challenge, going through through the North & South Downs, and through the New Forest.
  • <LI class=style26>Food & drink at the start and finish <LI class=style26>Food and drink at 3 feed stations en-route <LI class=style26>Coach return service <LI class=style26>Dry kit service <LI class=style26>Medal and freebies to all finishers <LI class=style26>Pick-up vehicle for dnf’s <LI class=style26>First Aid <LI class=style26>Mechanics
  • Sign-posted course
Anyone interested can get more details at:- www.london2bournemouth.co.uk

Thanks and happy cycling!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Includes return Coach !

OP
OP
A

anaerobic

Dear All

1/ We had intially thought that most riders would want to use the coach return option, however early entries have shown this not to be the case; therefore we have decided to have 2 entry options. Entry without coach return £45.00; Entry with coach return £59.00

2/ We were thinking about changing the coach times; The first coach will leave at 4.30pm and regular intervals thereafter.

3/ The dry kit service is a service for those riders who want to change into warm clothing after their ride but don't want to carry it with them during the cycle.

All changes will be up on the website within 48 hours.

All the very best. :rofl:

www.london2bournemouth.co.uk

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I'll have to see how it goes over the next couple of months in the terms of what distance I can get up to. Also the timeframe to complete would be quite hard for such a long trip I think.

wlc1

7 months..... let me know if you fancy it.

I'll have to do some training too.

Just waiting to see if brother in law ( 14 times ironman freak) is free to do it too.

He'll have to go at my pace though LOL

Tynan

Veteran
long distance planning indeed

bit close to dun run?

daylight would be nice though, more about the 'challenge' please, all on road I assume?

wlc1

All roads Tynan - it's a lovely route. Go on.....

I think the challenge comes from the 115 odd miles

Tynan

Veteran
I was thinking more about the Downs, Ditchling is remembered without fondness and I'm on a double now

Thinking about it, although getting to Wimbledon for 6.30 ain't exactly brill, is the return coach to Wimbledon too? Google Maps tells me that's 22 miles from my house

Top Bottom