Long Ride to the Coast - Sat 28th May

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The likely route we'll take is shown here. It wiggles about a bit towards the end, because believe it or not, I have actually tried to avoid the most severe hills. The worst ends up at 10%, which is mild compared to some of the slopes out that way!

I cant open the route it says it a private session???

I cant open the route it says it a private session???

I think Adam's trying to tell you something, Clive. Tip: Push a bit harder - it should open easily then.

redjedi

Über Member
Try this one Clive

Having finalised things, the revised route is shown here. Still using the traditional FNRttC route so that means Shooters Hill, then a late 2nd breakfast around 10.45 in Rochester, before heading towards Faversham.

The late lunch will be at the Rose and Crown in between Selling and Shottenden, then rolling 2 miles down the hill to have an ice cream* in the stunningly picturesque village of Chilham.

Then a little climb and then a descent to reach a lovely 10 mile stretch of quiet back road where you only have to worry about going straight over 1 junction and not worry about any other turns left or right, before heading past the Battle of Britain museum located on the old wartime airfield of Hawkinge (the rest is now houses), then across up the hill at Capel le Ferne to have a look at the Battle of Britain Memorial overlooking the sea, before heading downhill to Dover.

* [sub]I'm assuming of course that it will be hot.[/sub]

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Have fun guys and gals! As for me, all packed up, ready to head southwest tomorrow morning. We're off Saturday 9am.

sorted thanks Luke

Luke as aid

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Aye, good luck Stu.

Right, I know no cat is involved here, but, any chance of a good weather report as I am reading conflicting info and I dont like rain, makes my hair curly...

U

User10571

Aye, good luck Stu.

Right, I know no cat is involved here, but, any chance of a good weather report as I am reading conflicting info and I dont like rain, makes my hair curly...

The amount of precip. showing on XC Weather is unlikely to make your hair curl.

Additionally, both barometers here are edging towards beau.

Top Bottom