Long sleeved jerseys for hot weather

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Julia9054

Guru
After my skin cancer, I need to rethink my outdoor clothing. Does anyone know of any good cycling jerseys with long sleeves but designed for hot weather? All my long sleeved jerseys are thick winter ones.

vickster

Legendary Member
Could you use a SS jersey and uv sleeves as an alternative?

Velovixen have good ranges as do stolen goat :okay:
Eg https://www.velovixen.com/collections/road-jerseys/products/velovixen-long-sleeve-jersey-cheetah

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
There are quite a number of thin ls jerseys. You might want to look at women's MTB tops as there are many lightweight ls tops. This is mainly for vegetation protection. I have a few ls tops for the mtb

MntnMan62

Über Member
Is applying sunscreen not an option? Get the highest SPF there is. 100. That should block out as much as any long sleeve shirt.

MntnMan62

Über Member
I've been riding in temperatures well into the 90's F here. And I sweat a lot. So I know what you are going through. You may not need to reapply every 20 minutes but certainly at least every hour. But I can understand the desire to go with a shirt instead. I would go with any kind of moisture wicking fabric that most short sleeve shirts are made of. Check Amazon. I've seen lots there. They have women's specific ones as well.

vickster

Legendary Member
Sportpursuit have Monton summer Ls ladies jerseys half price at £60, a slim cut which should suit you iirc
This from the description. Have to sign up to browse

Built to breathe, this Lightweight cycling jersey is engineered for riding in hot and humid conditions. Signature premium DeanSilk fabric on front is soft, highly elastic and conforms to your body shape. New for 2020 the technical DeanDot fabric extends across the upper back panel and sleeves, which aids freedom of movement and ventilation. Fan-shaped mesh under the lower back panel promotes airflow allowing for optimum temperature regulation. Italian MARC waistband holds the jersey securely in place.

OP
OP
Julia9054

Julia9054

Guru
Sportpursuit have Monton summer Ls ladies jerseys half price at £60, a slim cut which should suit you iirc
This from the description. Have to sign up to browse

Built to breathe, this Lightweight cycling jersey is engineered for riding in hot and humid conditions. Signature premium DeanSilk fabric on front is soft, highly elastic and conforms to your body shape. New for 2020 the technical DeanDot fabric extends across the upper back panel and sleeves, which aids freedom of movement and ventilation. Fan-shaped mesh under the lower back panel promotes airflow allowing for optimum temperature regulation. Italian MARC waistband holds the jersey securely in place.
Sounds like a good shout. I've bought from them before so will have an account. Will look when I get home and can find my details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
After my skin cancer, I need to rethink my outdoor clothing. Does anyone know of any good cycling jerseys with long sleeves but designed for hot weather? All my long sleeved jerseys are thick winter ones.
I have two friends with very pale skin who burn easily. When sun is strong and temperatures high they both wear lightweight armwarmers with a summer jersey.

Seems a very simple and flexible solution without the need to find a specific jersey.

rivers

How far can I go?
I wear a long sleeve baselayer under my short sleeve jerseys for sun protection as I like to be pale, and have a 3/4 sleeve.

Rhysito

When cycling in hot climates I carry I set of UV protection arm sleeves with me, which can be baught cheaply!

Top Bottom