look cleats and cleat covers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lejogger

Guru
Btw cleat covers won't work if you have the anti slip cleats with the rubber inserts.
I can get my cleat covers over the look keo cleats that have the rubber grips... is that what you mean?
Although I've generally stopped using mine for the most part now anyway. I don't have massive distances to walk in them as a general rule, they're yet something else to fit into your jersey pockets, and it does make you look a bit amateur doing the old 'hello sailor' leg lift in the cafe doorway.

If you're having to walk a lot during your cycling then you're better off making the switch to SPDs in the long run.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
^^ this. I 've stopped even carrying the covers as they were a bit of a faff to put on and off, so never bothered. However I use Keo grips - if you use the non grip cleats they are very slippery on smooth café floors, and it might be safer to use the covers.

lejogger

Guru
if you use the non grip cleats they are very slippery on smooth café floors, and it might be safer to use the covers.
However bear in mind with the grippy cleats that after a few weeks of regular use the grips on your standing/unclipping at lights foot will have worn off anyway!

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
However bear in mind with the grippy cleats that after a few weeks of regular use the grips on your standing/unclipping at lights foot will have worn off anyway!
I don't find that. There is usually some of the grippy stuff left somewhere when I have to change a cleat, but then, I don't commute so maybe not so much 'foot down'.

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
spd's might well be the way as i have to do a fair bit of walking often :sad: any road shoes with stiff sole and velcro for spd apart from these? preferably inset cleat mounting
shimano-r064-spd-sl-road-shoes.jpg

Cheers Ed

lejogger

Guru
I don't find that. There is usually some of the grippy stuff left somewhere when I have to change a cleat, but then, I don't commute so maybe not so much 'foot down'.
Maybe you have a lighter step than me?!! Guess which my 'put down' foot is?!
image.jpg

jack smith

Veteran
Th exist at pedals are good mine have lasted ages through all sorts but look cleats wear quick of you walk in them but we'll worth the 20 quid or so for the pedals and cleats, they also bolt onto shimano shoes

SS Retro

Look good to me.

That's what I use it stemmed from riding the single speed in the lakes and finding some of the fells too much, but have carried it over to my geared road bike, you can get pedals and shoes in SPD road form to suit all budgets, started a thread here on Mavic SPD road shoes. (they should arrive today):smile:
http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/mavic-cyclo-tour-shoe-any-experiance.152117/

Top Bottom