LOOK pedals, what kind of cleat is it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gzoom

Über Member
This bike's not kept at my house and I don't take my SPD shoes with me when I visit, hence flat pedals are preferable so I can ride it comfortably in normal shoes.

You cannot walk in shoes with Look cleats fitted.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Anyone worked out if these are Delta or Keo pedals?

Neither they are the even older Look arc.

Arc - Delta - Keo in timeline evolution of look.

I think arc and delta used same clears, but it's kinda a moot point as you said you wanted flats on it.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Neither they are the even older Look arc.

Arc - Delta - Keo in timeline evolution of look.

I think arc and delta used same clears, but it's kinda a moot point as you said you wanted flats on it.

Wrong. There are only Delta and Keo. Arc refers to the float and came out on Deltas. Been riding Delta since they came out in the 80's, and my Pro Carbons say Arc

OP
OP
Mazz

Mazz

Yep, Last Chance Saloon today... mate's got a decent hex key, hopefully that'll do it. If not, then it's down to the LBS.👍

UPDATE: Last Chance Saloon was shut (btw, that means the hex sockets were too rounded off to get any purchase)...so now it's time for a bike shop visit...I shall report back as to exactly how much it costs👍

Dadam

UPDATE: Last Chance Saloon was shut (btw, that means the hex sockets were too rounded off to get any purchase)...so now it's time for a bike shop visit...I shall report back as to exactly how much it costs👍

Try to hammer in a torx bit then just use a driver on the bit.

iluvmybike

Über Member
Yes mate, i offered up the largest hex key on my multitool and it deffo fits. Now the problem is not enough strength /leverage to turn the hex bolt.... Yes I'm turning it in the correct direction.
View attachment 698883

No point in attempting that with a mutli tool - you can exert enough force. Get a decent allen key of the correct size with a long handle. And remember the drive-side pedal has a right-hand thread that you turn anti-clockwise to loosen. But the left hand side has a left hand thread, so it loosens clockwise

vickster

Legendary Member
Which will be cheaper? New cranks or LBS to remove the old pedals?

My LBS would do a deal on remove and refit if buying the new pedals from them. Although if they really are stuck, they'd offer to sell new cranks

OP
OP
Mazz

Mazz

UPDATE:
Took bike to a local bike shop and he managed to get the pedals off from the flats (which were very rounded off - refer to earlier pictures) using a chunky pedal spanner in next to no time.... really nice chap & he didn't even charge me!!!
So a big shout-out to a proper bike shop A.E. Butterworths on Abbeydale Rd in Sheffield. If you're ever in Sheffield and need owt for your bike, this is the place for you.👍
IMG_20230805_154531.jpg

Top Bottom