1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking at custom fit shimano road shoes

Discussion in 'Components, Accessories and Clothing' started by mr Mag00, 10 May 2008.

1. mr Mag00

mr Mag00 rising member

Hi, I have been trying to find a wide fitting shoe. I always thought shimano were quite a narrow fit but tried some today and well very surprised. so having investigated further some are now custom fit has anyone here gone for this option and does it seem worth while?

2. Danny

Danny Legendary Member

When you say "custom fit" do you mean that they will take your foot measurements and actually customise a shoe for you?

3. OP
    OP
    mr Mag00

mr Mag00 rising member

no they warm the shoe and then suck it to fit your feet. Shimano offer either the insole custom fit or the whole shoe custom fit.

4. OP
    OP
    mr Mag00

mr Mag00 rising member

by the lack of response i assume its a no then! :ohmy:

5. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

Never heard of anyone who has, but if they offer it at a price that's reasonable I'd say definitely go for it!

6. bobbyp

bobbyp Senior Member

Was in Condor the other week looking for new shoes and the Shimano were highly recommended. A bit too pricey for me in the end, ended up with a very nice pair of adistar shoes.

7. k-dog

k-dog New Member

There are a few companies doing it now - but I've never actually seen one in the flesh.

Read a few reviews and they were very positive.

There's even one brand that has a moldable heel counter - they give you instructions to do it yourself.

Doesn't help with wide feet though - you'd have to go the whole hog for that.

Is appealing though as I have the same problem.