Looking for a new author

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beeankey

to get into.

I have this thing though that I can't just pick up any of their books regardless if they are unconnected. I have to start with their first and then work my way them in order they were published. When I've done them all I move onto a new author and then just buy the latest one of the people I like.

Like thrillers mainly and just like something for in bed or travelling that's not too taxing and just a good yarn.

Cheers

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
to get into.

I have this thing though that I can't just pick up any of their books regardless if they are unconnected. I have to start with their first and then work my way them in order they were published. When I've done them all I move onto a new author and then just buy the latest one of the people I like.

Like thrillers mainly and just like something for in bed or travelling that's not too taxing and just a good yarn.

Cheers

Daniel Silva
David Baldacchi
Stig Larsson

just to name a few that do very good series books.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
If
Cheers. Done Larsson but not the other 2

If you like historical ones CJ SANSOM and his Matthew Shardlake series are very good . I could go on for ever as I read 3-4 books a week being a a commuter though I reading a load of cycling books at the moment.

Thank God for my kindle.

Also try
Robert Crais
Barbara Nadel
Arne Dahl
Michael Connelley
Martin Obrien

ASC1951

Guru
Stig Larsson

just to name a few that do very good series books.
Although tbh Larsson's Dragon Tattoo series all have exactly the same structure, pacing and plot devices. As well as becoming increasingly unpleasant to read, unless you like the 'deranged serial killer tortures young women' genre which fills our screens and bookshelves these days.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Not sure it fits but try Steven Erikson. Fantasy type stuff on a huge scale. Starts with Deadhouse Gates. Be warned though, book 2 doesn't follow on from book 1, book 3 does that and book 4 (I think) follows book 2 but there are mentions of things in between. The read order is still normal 1, 2, 3, 4 etc though.

Globalti

Legendary Member
If you like African adventure, read the Courtney novels by Wilbur Smith. Vey easy bedtime reading and full of great images of Africa as well as some historical insight.

DougieAB

Getting the messages
Just reading book 7 of the 17 'Reacher' novels by Lee Child. All very good so far. What about Jo Nesbo, better than Larsson in my opinion.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
captain w e johns did rather a good series of flying related adventure stories if i remember rightly. not aure which the first one was. series runs through from the Great War to various spy stuff in the Cold War

pawl

Legendary Member
to get into.

Cheers
Peter Robinson.
Stephen Booth

Top Bottom