Looking for a range of new accessories...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HCFC Clark

I've recently bought myself a new bike and now need a few bits and bobs to finish it off!

I'm looking for a chain lock (i already have a D lock but would like a chain lock too as my old bike was stolen, so would like two types of locks)

A set of mudguards, however, I have a Giant Seek 3 2010 and don't beleive they have eye lets, so im struggling to find some.

A wireless computer.

A spare innertube to carry in my saddle bag

And finally a mini pump!

I'm not the most knowladgeable with regards to biking, so would appreciate your advice on what stuff to buy.

Thanks guys!

BigTone0777

Personally I use a sigma wireless computer, slime tubes (to hopefully prevent punctures) with a spare "ordinary" tube in my bag and am looking to buy a CO2 pump for quickness and reduced effort!!!! Oh and don't forget the tyre levers unless your using a mountain bike! Sorry can't help with mudguards but this is something I'm looking into too for my Carrera Gryphon Hybrid.

gbb

Legendary Member
Hi HCFC....
Here's what i'd get...
Under saddle bag, big anough to carry a multi tool, spare tube, puncture kit, levers and any other bits. Topeak, Specialized etc etc all make them.
Pump ? I'm not a lover of mini pumps. I did count the number of strokes needed to inflate racing tyres...and its a lot. Its going to be even more to inflate hybrid tyres. Perhaps a frame pump might fit in the Giant, i use a Zefal, inflates the tyres in no time. It just springs into place on the downtube or the crossbar, depends on the sizing and space obviously.
Zefal also do mudguards that strap round the seatpost, install and remove in seconds. It's be worth talking to your LBS, see what they have, there's so many types.

Computers ? You dont have to spend a fortune, my last one was from Tescos, Sigma make, lasted 6000 miles before it went kaput, cost me less than a tenner at the time and TBH, it was just as good as more expensive computers.

Top Bottom