Looking for a women's hybrid bike for around £500

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Elliot

Hi everyone, I've been lurking in this site for the past month or so and decided based on a few comments to buy myself a Boardman URB 8.6. Not picked it up yet but it looks pretty sweet.

Now I'm looking to get something similar for my girlfriend, does anyone have any recommendations? She's around 5'3.

Cheers!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Decathlon's woman's specific flat bar road bike looks good. Excellent warranty.
https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/women-s-intermediate-flat-bar-road-bike-sora/_/R-p-168772
The M and S are actually in stock too. I guess she'd need a S.

Chislenko

Veteran
They don't seem to have a lot on the website at the moment and I have no personal experience of the quality of their bikes but gooutdoors in normal times have had quite a selection of female specific bikes.

OP
OP
Elliot

Elliot

Great responses, thanks!

The Whyte ones look awesome but possibly a bit out of budget (and out of stock). The Liv Alight hybrids look like a good choice, can't believe bikes are still so badly stocked though, struggling to find a small one available near Birmingham but will keep an eye out.

Will checkout Decathlon and Go Outdoors too.

vickster

Legendary Member
Great responses, thanks!

The Whyte ones look awesome but possibly a bit out of budget (and out of stock). The Liv Alight hybrids look like a good choice, can't believe bikes are still so badly stocked though, struggling to find a small one available near Birmingham but will keep an eye out.

Will checkout Decathlon and Go Outdoors too.
Global shortages unfortunately

Midsrider

One i noticed is that the FX2 vs FX2 women's - I can only see that the saddle is the only change, other than the colour - unless you go for a stagger of course.....which I am looking for one for my wife.

But guess you could get the standard FX2 and put a ladies saddle on - you could even ask the store if they can do that as part of the sale as they can't get a ladies one in.

Solihull RedKite Bikes which is just 10-15 mins from me have lots in: https://www.redkitecycles.co.uk/product/trek-fx-2-disc-27991/
Just 15-20 mins from Birmingham city centre too...at a guess. Great service from these guys too.

yo vanilla

Couple years back I found a Diamondback Clarity 1 for my wife, size small. She is 5'2" and might have done better with a XS, but a shorter stem helped well enough. It is, I would say, a quite nice and light frame surrounded by meh components. Nothing a hundred bucks and a smart shopper couldn't fix along the way to be good enough. The DB Haanjen I believe is the replacement for the Clarity; neither of which I can see on DB's website today... I believe the bike retailed for around $500-550

OP
OP
Elliot

Elliot

On your bike in Birmingham appear to have this rather good bike in Small or XS
https://www.onyourbike.com/product/50575-Trek-FX-2-Disc-Womens-2021.php
Maybe other things too. Give them a call in morning :okay:

That link is dead for me, I don't see any women's hybrids when I search either. I'll keep an eye out for the Trek FX 2 Disc though, looks nice in blue but not sure about that silver.

One i noticed is that the FX2 vs FX2 women's - I can only see that the saddle is the only change, other than the colour - unless you go for a stagger of course.....which I am looking for one for my wife.

But guess you could get the standard FX2 and put a ladies saddle on - you could even ask the store if they can do that as part of the sale as they can't get a ladies one in.

Solihull RedKite Bikes which is just 10-15 mins from me have lots in: https://www.redkitecycles.co.uk/product/trek-fx-2-disc-27991/
Just 15-20 mins from Birmingham city centre too...at a guess. Great service from these guys too.

I'm gonna message those guys about a seat swap, cheers!

vickster

Legendary Member
That link is dead for me, I don't see any women's hybrids when I search either. I'll keep an eye out for the Trek FX 2 Disc though, looks nice in blue but not sure about that silver.

I'm gonna message those guys about a seat swap, cheers!
weird, maybe they’ve cleaned up their website

Maybe ask your partner what colour she likes, after all it’s for her!
I’d be very surprised if any shop would change the saddle for free on a £500 bike, but might offer a discount. Phone the shop, don’t email...personal call is so much better for negotiation ;)

Midsrider

Mine you - I have heard some great things about the gel saddles on Amazon from a some users. Never used them myself, but for casual riders - might be ok....actually, the stock saddle might be ok!

This is the one I’ve read about. It’s not as wide as some ladies saddles, but bigger is not always better so I have been told! And can you post back on how you got in with the store!!? As I might try them too.
View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DB3KVPS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_GGKM5ZC78MK46VWC4S81

Top Bottom