Looking for some feedback please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I filled in the survey but don't see why I'd buy a bespoke bike from a 3rd party, unless it was some foreign exotica difficult to source myself.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I filled in the survey but don't see why I'd buy a bespoke bike from a 3rd party, unless it was some foreign exotica difficult to source myself.
Like a bike from Yorkshire. :whistle:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I guess it depends how you define bespoke. For some it is customisation on a given frame choice, for others it's down to starting with cutting the tubes ....

TreeHuggery

It's expanded to 13 questions, so q 5-8 are now actually about buying a new bike
I could only see 8 questions - but then I had to come out of it, cuz there wasn't an option not to include my email address

OP
OP
C

CycleFoundry

Hi guys,

Sorry for late notice. I was out of the country. To answer some of your questions;

1 - We are hoping to act as a "reseller" of bespoke (off the peg) bikes made by British builders. From our research a lot of "recreational" cyclists (rather than enthusiasts such as yourselves) do not go direct to the frame builders themselves for a majority of reasons. One of the main reasons is brand awareness. Not all frame builders have a well established web presence with proactive on-line marketing driving traffic to the site. We hope to promote their bikes on our site and bring their products.

2 - Apologies for the multiple bike options. Hopefully you completed the survey for your last purchase.

3 - Emails were not connected for marketing purposes. The fact that it's not obvious what insights the research will reveal is a testament to the marketing research professional we used to create the survey. We've gathered some interesting insights from the feedback.

4 - Apologies for there not being an option to not enter your email address. If you closed the survey you skip this part.

To be frankly honest, as most of you are avid cycle enthusiasts (some owning 9 bikes!), you will no doubt not be the target audience as you will most likely build or source bikes yourselves.

Thanks for all your help.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Hi guys,

Sorry for late notice. I was out of the country. To answer some of your questions;

1 - We are hoping to act as a "reseller" of bespoke (off the peg) bikes made by British builders. From our research a lot of "recreational" cyclists (rather than enthusiasts such as yourselves) do not go direct to the frame builders themselves for a majority of reasons. One of the main reasons is brand awareness. Not all frame builders have a well established web presence with proactive on-line marketing driving traffic to the site. We hope to promote their bikes on our site and bring their products.

2 - Apologies for the multiple bike options. Hopefully you completed the survey for your last purchase.

3 - Emails were not connected for marketing purposes. The fact that it's not obvious what insights the research will reveal is a testament to the marketing research professional we used to create the survey. We've gathered some interesting insights from the feedback.

4 - Apologies for there not being an option to not enter your email address. If you closed the survey you skip this part.

To be frankly honest, as most of you are avid cycle enthusiasts (some owning 9 bikes!), you will no doubt not be the target audience as you will most likely build or source bikes yourselves.

Thanks for all your help.

Well any money paid to the 'Marketing Research Professional' seems to have been a bit of a waste, and I can't really think of any 'British' frame makers who struggle to shift frames they build (in fact every one I know has a waiting list, but if you'd care to tell us who has frames built here and is struggling to find a market?)
There is however a massive gap in the market for handmade steel frames (brazed up in Britain) if only to stop 'hipsters' from turning classic steel frames into 'fixies', maybe you could start a trend.

Top Bottom