Looking for some feedback please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CycleFoundry

Hi all,

I’d like to introduce myself, I’m Barry a 32 year old cycling enthusiast living in London. I’ve recently started taking my love of building bicycles seriously and am looking to start an online venture promoting British built bicycles to the UK and beyond.

However, I need your help! I’m conducting market research for this venture and would really like to get feedback from like-minded enthusiasts around the country.

If you can spare 2 minutes please complete this short 10-question survey. In reward for their participation, every participant is given the opportunity to enter a competition to win a Fitbit Surge fitness watch.

Thanks all for your help and support.

Best wishes,
Barry

What is a "current bicycle"?

winjim

Smash the cistern
What useful information is that giving you exactly? It seems to be a few very vague questions and then a request for an email address. Nothing about what sort of bike, British built or otherwise, I might want to buy / ride. Are you just collecting email addresses for marketing purposes?

I don't get it.

There are two business models for the sale of bikes to the consumer. 1. Buy it from the maker. 2a. Buy it from a shop who bought it from the maker. 2b. Buy it from the shop who bought it from an importer/distributor who bought it from the maker.

1. Folks who make small numbers of bikes in the UK tend to sell directly to consumers because the higher cost of making small numbers of high quality things means that there's no spare slice of the selling price cake to allow a reseller to make it worth their while.

2a. Pashley and Brompton, the only remaining companies who mass produce bikes in the UK can sell via shops due to the savings which come from economies of scale. But any retailer who sells these brands will tell you that the margins are very poor even so. 'We' sell them because we want to support the brand not because they make good business sense.

2b. Folks who make bikes abroad - usually in the far East - are using the lower cost of doing business combined with vast economies of scale to deliver a homogenised product cheap enough for the reseller to make a profit. Giant, Merida etc.

If I want a custom made - British bike I'll go directly the person who made it. Who would I buy it from you??

raleighnut

Legendary Member
why no option for multiple bikes, I've got some I bought new and some second hand (plus a couple I'd been given). Ditto some are handmade it England some Far Eastern. As for buying off t'internet, not for me.
As @winjim posted it seems to be a way of gathering e-mail addresses.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I've just had another look and the questions appear to have changed. They do at least seem a bit more relevant now. Have they changed or am I imagining things? I have had a stressful couple of days...

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Multiple bikes need addressing as does multiple types of purchasing options.
I have 9 bikes, all but one are British and steel. Some bought s/h some new from a shop, one custom made, one from a skip, one donated.
I've no idea where my next bike will come from or when .... Though a titanium 2 speed Brompton would be nice ....

Top Bottom