looks like a float day tomorrow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snorri

Legendary Member
?

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
The continents have been drifting for aeons. In fact, the world continues to spin, then it's revolving around the sun, the sun is revolving around the galaxy, which itself is moving away from the Big Bang. Now that I think about it: I wonder what the actual trajectory of any point on Earth looks like, when all those movements are combined? I'm feeling dizzy just thinking about it... :wacko:

Sharky

Guru
Yep, shame it's not the day for our evening 10. It would be perfect for my fixed bike, although a gentle easterly wind would be even better on our course which has an uphill grind to the turn.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Well it wasn't a float day here, headwind on the way back from my ride today.

Sharky

Guru
A "Float" is time trialist speak for an exceptionally calm day. No wind to battle in any direction it is what everyone chasing a fast time dreams of. Most personal best's and records are set in those conditions, which unfortunately are few and far between.

Yep, my pb 10 was set on the pancake flat d10/1 on such a float day, just after some rain so it was not too muggy either. In 1969, still waiting for my next float day.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Yep, my pb 10 was set on the pancake flat d10/1 on such a float day, just after some rain so it was not too muggy either. In 1969, still waiting for my next float day.
One of only two float days I can remember was in 1970 on the E31 Southend road when I set my 25 mile PB. The other was a year later in an evening 25 on a revised version of the E72 when virtually the whole field set personals and I went off course and did a bum time :angry: I was the one laughing a week later when the course was remeasured and found to be about 300 yards short, rendering all times null and void :laugh:

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
How does that compare to the TT route, great place to cycle I used to do a lot there in the seventies.
London Dynamo run the TT now but if the route is the same then add ten minutes to my time . They have added speed bumps and strips of cobbles across the road plus the deer are getting braver .

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Thank you Smokin Joe, I have never entered the world of TT, so new terminology for me:smile:.
Sorry . I didn't realise it was a TT term :ohmy: Its even better with low pressure so if there is no wind and it looks like rain go and get your PB's :okay:

Top Bottom