Looks like my hernia op' hasn't worked. Anyone else had an op' that went wrong?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
You can often feel much worse after an op. It quite often takes over a year or more for it to settle down and be better than before the op.
I had some emergency work done in my nether regions years ago and you're right. ..I was still stiff and sore at least 3 months later...maybe 6 months before I really started to feel better. That was a long time ago mind.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I've just checked it again. The bruising has actually increased in the last hour. The scar where they put the gauze through is itching like mad. I'm bruised all round the front of my pelvic region and parts of my scrotum. I'm scared to go out n case that burning comes back while i'm out. Serious question. If it does and i can't walk,would i be ok in dialing 999 for an ambulance? I'm thinking of lack of blood supply and things.
GO OUT! Are you mad? When was the op? In your condition you need to rest and allow things to heal. Give it a couple of days or you could do a lot of damage. One thing that was stressed to me at the time of my op was let it heal because repairing a failed hernia repair was serious and would result in a recovery taking months off work, not weeks.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I had some emergency work done in my nether regions years ago and you're right. ..I was still stiff and sore at least 3 months later...maybe 6 months before I really started to feel better. That was a long time ago mind.

I'm still not right after 4 years. I won't be having any surgery again unless it's absolutely necessary as I don't seem to heal well. It's one of the reasons I refused surgery when my spine was broke.

My shoulder took 18 months to be ok.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
GO OUT! Are you mad? When was the op? In your condition you need to rest and allow things to heal. Give it a couple of days or you could do a lot of damage. One thing that was stressed to me at the time of my op was let it heal because repairing a failed hernia repair was serious and would result in a recovery taking months off work, not weeks.
But the consultant and the ward sister said walking was ok,as long as i didn't overdo it. I'm thinking of post op' deep vein thrombosis and such complications,caused by inactivity.

classic33

Leg End Member
In the words of the surgeon who did the operation, "It didn't go wrong, it just didn't go right". This about an exploratary op on the knee.

On crutches for over six months after, with regular changes of dressing in that time. Now got two "kneecaps" in the same knee.

classic33

Leg End Member
But the consultant and the ward sister said walking was ok,as long as i didn't overdo it. I'm thinking of post op' deep vein thrombosis and such complications,caused by inactivity.
You're thinking the worst, my opinion only.

classic33

Leg End Member
The "family allowance" went years ago. No problems with walking the day after. Advised to keep an eye on them!, any change get back to the hospital.

@Accy cyclist, I may be wrong but I think both the natural bruising following the operation, combined with your pre-op worries are leading you to expect the worst.

You've a dressing, I presume over where they cut. I'd concentrate on keeping that dry. You want to walk around, do it in the house.

Stay off "dr google"!

D

Deleted member 1258

2012 and an op for a low flow Priapism, the operation was a success but left me bruised and sore, my wedding tackle looked like a pair of ripe peaches, they discharged me but in less than a week I'd had another episode and was back in hospital for a repeat performance.
To the op, if its still painful or gets worse straight down A&E.

midlife

Guru
Hospitals are run by the Secretaries.....try and have a chat with your consultant;'s secretary about being seen on one of his clinics urgently.

Top Bottom