Looks like my hernia op' hasn't worked. Anyone else had an op' that went wrong?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Assuming you were not given any pain relief on discharge from the hospital, if you are in pain and paracetamol isn't working, can you get something stronger from you doctor. Either through a telephone appointment as you have already been seen, or an emergency appointment. Just to tide you over until Thursday.
They gave me some Co-Codomol tablets to take if it got bad,but it's not a constant pain,so there's no point in taking them. Anyway,at least that burning sensation's stopped now. Fingers crossed!

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The swelling's gone down a bit and the burning sensation's stopped. I might've jumped the gun. Maybe the gauze has held?

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've been to the hospital today Last night it swelled,becoming quite painful and very uncomfortable. I was worrying thinking all sorts of things. My mind was put at rest as the nurse told me it was normal to have such swelling after that operation. She said it could take months for the swelling to go down properly,advising me to take Ibuprofen to reduce the swelling and to wear tight underwear to give support. When i told her i didn't have any tight underwear but i've worn cycling shorts in the past, which gave support to the hernia she said they'd do......but no cycling!,

Edit...She also said it was impossible for the gauze to slip as it was sutured in. I would've thought my GP would've known and told me that to put my mind at ease.

Last edited:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
GWS @Accy cyclist.
My hernia op many years ago was done by a bloke who went on to be in Gordon Brown's cabinet
Doctor in the House :rolleyes:

Top Bottom