Looks like my hernia op' hasn't worked. Anyone else had an op' that went wrong?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Now that's something i definitely would not have done to me! I was squeamish about the hernia,but as i said to the doctor examining me yesterday. They can cut me open anywhere,but no way will they cut my ball bag open!:eek: Even when she used the word testicle i found myself feeling faint.:heat:
They'll see you're out for that one. I came too on the ward. But having you faint first might cut the cost!

95, I tried leaving the operating table.

screenman

Legendary Member
You got medical advice from the British High Commission? In which country? I'd like to try that.

Sorry, I was in a rush British Hernia Clinic, they pioneered the mesh method in this country and mine was done there about 20+ years ago. I certainly had bruising and soreness after, but not enough to worry me.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Assuming you were not given any pain relief on discharge from the hospital, if you are in pain and paracetamol isn't working, can you get something stronger from you doctor. Either through a telephone appointment as you have already been seen, or an emergency appointment. Just to tide you over until Thursday.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Now that's something i definitely would not have done to me! I was squeamish about the hernia,but as i said to the doctor examining me yesterday. They can cut me open anywhere,but no way will they cut my ball bag open!:eek: Even when she used the word testicle i found myself feeling faint.:heat:

The second op was nasty. Big incision, nut out, plumbing cut away, then stitched back in. Very uncomfy for a year.

MarkF

Guru
Good luck Accy. :okay:

I had an accident and op in 2011, my right bicep is still smaller than my left, and not in the right place either, I know nobody notices, but I do. It was the first time I troubled the NHS in 35 years, blood will have to be pouring out of me before I do so again.

Top Bottom