Looks like the trike may be going soon.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
B

BilboSmeggins

Veteran
I’ve had good online relations with both Mr Magoo, and Yanto, and trust the integrity of both. I don’t really want to get drawn into a heated battle, so will step aside until the dust settles. Life’s too short.....

PaulM

Guru
Velomobile or trike? https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/trike-or-velomobile.190170/

I'd say in the last 3 years the price gap between the two has narrowed a little. Sounds like Bilbo is a strong enough rider to benefit from the aerodynamics.

They do seem to have a high accident rate, maybe because drivers underestimate their speed, maybe because you can't see a pair of legs flailing like with a trike.

Looking forward to reading the ride reports ^_^

OP
OP
B

BilboSmeggins

Veteran
I’d say “strong enough rider” might be stretching it a bit, lol. But I’m going to give it my best shot. Had about a year off work with health issues, and gained a fair bit of weight. Currently, I’m about as unfit as I’ve ever been, but am looking to put that right. The velomobile is part of that health plan :smile:

A new velomobile is a major investment . Therefore they require carefull consideration of the pros and cons during the buying process .
29 years of selling recumbents in all shapes and sizes successfully has taught me a lot.
Could never have been achieved if I had no scruples
In my experience the first machine is brilliant and is always a learning curve .
Hence if I have any doubts about a rider having too high expectations .
I try to tone things down in a gentle and polite manner and always suggest it's wiser to go in at a more modest level ..
Leading forum member Neil Earley if prompted will probably confirm how much fun you can have chasing the ultimate recumbent.
In fact I advised Mr Bilbo when he embarked on his voyage of discovery .
He might well choose to confirm I certainly did not sell him down the line with his new ICE trike ?
On the subject of selling .....it can be a painfull and to some a shocking process ....nobody goes in high .
Have a peep at Ebay Auctions or recall the last time you sold or part exchanged a car . At the end of the day did you manage to sell Velomobile number one or was it number two at an acceptable price ?
Yes I have had more rides on various recumbents than Mr Magoo has sold trikes lol ,its been a learning curve due to never ended health problems due to spinal surgery. There is no such thing as the fastest or best trike or bike,just the one thats suits your style of riding and comfort.
I have gained much knowledge from members on here by their experiences and views which has helped me no end, the key factor is enjoy your bents which ever one you ride and never stop the bent grin.

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
I rode my Borealis for over a year, and never came close to rolling it, or so I thought. Some of the vids seem pretty slow rolls. Maybe it was just my experience of riding trikes fast, so I had a good idea of how far you can push them? Maybe Velo owners should have to ride trikes for a while before being allowed to buy? :whistle:

yanto2009

Veteran
Another case of low speed pilot error

View: https://youtu.be/m2wb9hZlfBc

By the way the "velomobile" that you show there being so unstable is actually a faired trike - separate chassis, body bolted on, so it's a trike being rolled.

A new velomobile is a major investment . Therefore they require carefull consideration of the pros and cons during the buying process .
29 years of selling recumbents in all shapes and sizes successfully has taught me a lot.
Could never have been achieved if I had no scruples
In my experience the first machine is brilliant and is always a learning curve .
Hence if I have any doubts about a rider having too high expectations .
I try to tone things down in a gentle and polite manner and always suggest it's wiser to go in at a more modest level ..
Leading forum member Neil Earley if prompted will probably confirm how much fun you can have chasing the ultimate recumbent.
In fact I advised Mr Bilbo when he embarked on his voyage of discovery .
He might well choose to confirm I certainly did not sell him down the line with his new ICE trike ?
On the subject of selling .....it can be a painfull and to some a shocking process ....nobody goes in high .
Have a peep at Ebay Auctions or recall the last time you sold or part exchanged a car . At the end of the day did you manage to sell Velomobile number one or was it number two at an acceptable price ?

Not that it's any business of yours but as you asked: First one sold at asking price, 2nd one which you tried to knock £1k off telling me "there was no market" sold within a week at asking price.

Funny how things turn up ……..
I have for sale a WAW Velomobile :becool:
Less than 180miles and just had its first birthday
Never seen a drop of rain :rain:
Stiffened Kevlar carbon fiber reinforced body.
Slumph mountain drive 57 tooth chaining single ring.
10 speed rear 11/34 cassette. Sram xo type 2 rear mech with TT 500 bar end shifter.
Rear internal mudguard.
Full suspension including air rear suspension.
Kojack front tires marathon plus rear tire.
Full light package twin front lights brake lights indicators also mirrors as well as led lights in mirrors.
90mm S/A drum brakes. Thick seat cushion.
Cost new today £10 K plus
Offers invited …
or as Yanto2009 would probably say "Serious Offers"!:notworthy:
Never raced or rallied :biggrin:
Part exchanges :welcome:

yanto2009

Veteran
:huh: Can you list all options as I'm having difficulty reconciling it costing over £10k :excl:

Serious offer from me: £4500 :biggrin:

It's "Schlumpf" as well :tongue:

Overuse of smilies is purely for Ms Magoo :evil:

Last edited:

yanto2009

Veteran
Funny how things turn up ……..
I have for sale a WAW Velomobile :becool:
Less than 180miles and just had its first birthday
Never seen a drop of rain :rain:
Stiffened Kevlar carbon fiber reinforced body.
Slumph mountain drive 57 tooth chaining single ring.
10 speed rear 11/34 cassette. Sram xo type 2 rear mech with TT 500 bar end shifter.
Rear internal mudguard.
Full suspension including air rear suspension.
Kojack front tires marathon plus rear tire.
Full light package twin front lights brake lights indicators also mirrors as well as led lights in mirrors.
90mm S/A drum brakes. Thick seat cushion.
Cost new today £10 K plus
Offers invited …
or as Yanto2009 would probably say "Serious Offers"!:notworthy:
Never raced or rallied :biggrin:
Part exchanges :welcome:

Seriously asking now, why is this hidden in somebody else's thread, wouldn't it make sense to start a new one here in "recumbent" and in the "for sale" section?

Top Bottom