Loophole to be closed on phone use at the wheel.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Legislation hasn't been changed.

Reactions: mjr

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
still got to catch em , so it will make fark all difference to people behavior
Makes it slightly easier to catch 'em if you've no longer to prove that the phoney driver is using it to make a call or send a message. I hope they also outlaw the ones who leave the phone on their lap or prop it by the handbrake - there's good reason why instrument displays are mounted just below the windscreen, not by the driver's knees - and any display being mounted where it conceals part of the windscreen.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Even if the phone is in a holder the driver is still distracted .In many places of work phones are not allowed for safety reasons and rightly so.

presta

Guru
I don't see why they shouldn't just extend it to cover any device that's not essential to driving the car or medical needs.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Makes it slightly easier to catch 'em if you've no longer to prove that the phoney driver is using it to make a call or send a message. I hope they also outlaw the ones who leave the phone on their lap or prop it by the handbrake - there's good reason why instrument displays are mounted just below the windscreen, not by the driver's knees - and any display being mounted where it conceals part of the windscreen.
coppers aint that bothered though i gave details of a caller to the police , phone number van reg ,time, date etc outside of a school and plod didnt want to know .

OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
coppers aint that bothered though i gave details of a caller to the police , phone number van reg ,time, date etc outside of a school and plod didnt want to know .
Probably insufficient evidence. If you had footage of the offence it would make prosection easier I guess.

D

Deleted member 26715

Probably insufficient evidence. If you had footage of the offence it would make prosection easier I guess.
Unless you have this it's just a he said they said situation which would never get to court.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Who is going to police it. i see drivers on there phones all the time, No police to stop them, the ones that see them normally turn a blind eye.:wacko:

Top Bottom