Loopybike gets a make over

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
loopybike

loopybike

Veteran
When I reached the end of the fabrication stage of this bike all those years ago I really had had enough! Welding in all those triangles was so tedious. All I wanted to do was to fit the wheels etc and go for a ride!
Now I'm looking closely I can see where I rushed the fabrication. I've actually missed three triangles and some of the weld finishing is very coarse.
So before I paint it I need to go over it and tidy it up.
Correcting this makes me happy :smile:

Serge

Über Member
When I reached the end of the fabrication stage of this bike all those years ago I really had had enough! Welding in all those triangles was so tedious. All I wanted to do was to fit the wheels etc and go for a ride!
Now I'm looking closely I can see where I rushed the fabrication. I've actually missed three triangles and some of the weld finishing is very coarse.
So before I paint it I need to go over it and tidy it up.
Correcting this makes me happy :smile:
I can't wait to see the finished article.

OP
OP
loopybike

loopybike

Veteran
Started the prepaint assembly this evening.
Finished the missing welding today and gave it a polish. It came up quite nice!

There are a couple of little issues though.
The chain ring hits the rear frame. It's only slightly so I'll either give it a little "tap" or fit a spacer. I'll know more when I check the allinement with the wheel sprocket.
Oh and I punctured the rear tube fitting it! "I've left my tyre levers at home, ah well these screwdrivers will do" ......
DSC_0084.JPG

OP
OP
loopybike

loopybike

Veteran
don't know how you'd get a finish like this (& excuse the image) but reckon this would look very nice :okay: View attachment 421227
Oof I like your thinking!

OP
OP
loopybike

loopybike

Veteran
Whilst recently looking at Ti bikes I saw one company that did a rainbow finish on Ti & though it looked rather nice. Your frame looks rather nice anyway, so add that finish & wow! :becool: Real show stopper :okay:

edit - https://www.traversbikes.com/bespoke.html

When stainless Steel is heated the chemical reaction that occurs gives different colours, blues, golds etc. It might be worth an experiment. It would be hard to get it uniform though and may just look a mess. It's quite a "busy" design already.
I have a rule with my designs: stick to 3 colours. My idea for this rebuild uses silver, orange and black. Any more than 3 can look confusing.

Top Bottom