Loopybike gets a make over

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
loopybike

loopybike

Veteran
Well the Mrs has sorted the sewing machine and is currently stitching away. I wanted to do it, but I really can't be done with all the tutting that I'd get from her! Lol

She done a fair bit of sewing but this is the first time she has done anything like this.
She has made some orange piping from some material and electrical wire.
The next bit looks really fiddly. I've be sent into the lounge and I'm not allowed to take photos!
Judging by the huffing and tutting coming from the dining room, the piping may not get used lol

OP
OP
loopybike

loopybike

Veteran
Sneaked a picture lol

DSC_0195.JPG

OP
OP
loopybike

loopybike

Veteran
Bike and saddle together

DSC_0200.JPG
DSC_0201.JPG
DSC_0202.JPG

So that's finished then? Er, not quite! I want to put some decals on it. I was thinking of "loopybike" across the back of the saddle (on the tube).
I also go by the name "DC66", so I'd like that somewhere too. Maybe on the back of the filled in disc under the seat post.
I'm off to Hobby craft to see what letter stickers they have.

AndyRM

XOXO
Looks brilliant!!

Alan O

Über Member
Bike and saddle together

View attachment 426631 View attachment 426632 View attachment 426633

So that's finished then? Er, not quite! I want to put some decals on it. I was thinking of "loopybike" across the back of the saddle (on the tube).
I also go by the name "DC66", so I'd like that somewhere too. Maybe on the back of the filled in disc under the seat post.
I'm off to Hobby craft to see what letter stickers they have.
No front brake to make it road legal?

OP
OP
loopybike

loopybike

Veteran
I couldn't find any letters in orange in the shops so I ordered some from ebay. They arrived today, so as soon as I got home I put them on.
Definitely a job to do with the reading glasses on!

DSC_0213.JPG
DSC_0215.JPG
DSC_0216.JPG

So that's it finished. Two days before the show. Happy days!

Wish me luck in the show, I've never entered any of my builds in a show before. (I have had one featured in a magazine before which was cool)

I'm a bit aprehensive about the show, I know this bike is a bit "marmite"

Top Bottom