Loose fit cycling tops

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
can I get them anywhere?

I am not fat but have a 33 inch waist and about a 41 inch chest and am just over 12 stone. As with many men in their 50s I am just a bit thick around the body so I just look daft in a skin tight top.

Buying bigger tops that are supposed to be skin tight is not the answer as I need the waist to fit or at least not flap around. I have a couple of tops bought many years ago but cannot find any lose fit cycling tops now.

I am just sending back a dhb top to wiggle that was supposed to be comfort fit (not tight). Complete waste of time as they say it is lose fit and size L will have a 41 1/2 inch chest. Item arrived today and is a 40 inch chest.
Any recommendations would be gratefully received.

Thanks

vickster

Legendary Member
Altura, at least on the women's range, tend to be a little more generous - go for a classic, rather than ergo fit

Evans sell for example, so you can try before you buy if you have a shop close by

DHB aren't generous at all in my experience of the women's tops!

screenman

Legendary Member
Have a word with Impsport I seem to think they do made to measure. I am late fifties and for a while got thick around the middle, but not anymore.

Also that is not a bad shape, there is a guy in our club who Impsport did a 48 waist 48 chest jacket.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Funkier seem ok for me . I'm small but have a couple of mediums for a more casual fit . The only problem is they are a little long if you want to load the pockets up but then I don't use them for that .

raleighnut

Legendary Member
can I get them anywhere?

I am not fat but have a 33 inch waist and about a 41 inch chest and am just over 12 stone. As with many men in their 50s I am just a bit thick around the body so I just look daft in a skin tight top.

Buying bigger tops that are supposed to be skin tight is not the answer as I need the waist to fit or at least not flap around. I have a couple of tops bought many years ago but cannot find any lose fit cycling tops now.

I am just sending back a dhb top to wiggle that was supposed to be comfort fit (not tight). Complete waste of time as they say it is lose fit and size L will have a 41 1/2 inch chest. Item arrived today and is a 40 inch chest.
Any recommendations would be gratefully received.

Thanks
Snap and Altura work as well for me, seem to last an all

jack smith

Veteran
More mile cycling jerseys are loose fit and you can get them for under a tenner. They are actually pretty decent

winjim

Smash the cistern
The Gore website shows their clothing with a little icon describing the fit. "Tight", "slim" or "comfort".

Top Bottom