Loose fit cycling tops

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sazzaa

I have a few dhb tops, I buy them two sizes bigger for a normal fit. Have figured that's just how it is for cycling clothes if you're not built like a twig.

vickster

Legendary Member
Ladies DHB are indeed ridiculous. Need to look for relaxed/loose fit or possibly semi form. Avoid form/race fit

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
This thread seems to have come back to life again! Thanks for suggestions. I am following them up. I am sure the advice is helpful to many of us.

It is an odd thing. I am 5ft 9 and just over 12 stone which makes me just in the "normal" weight band. I am not fat but just a bit thick around the middle as men get when they are 53.
When buying cycling gear I feel like a leper and that perhaps I am doing something I should not do as so much of the gear is aimed at very fit, thin young people. Perhaps there is an opening for Saga or Marks and Spencer to bring out a range of cycle gear- all baggy and beige, with expandable waistbands.

wintergreen

These http://www.startfitness.co.uk/product.asp?strParents=4070,4781&CAT_ID=4926&P_ID=44930 as mentioned in this thread turned out to be a good buy.
Im 5'11" with a 40'/41" chest and a little spare around the middle. The large fit me like a regular polo shirt but with the added advantage of a longer back with a small discreet zipped pocket n the seam on one side. Just big enough for a wallet and keys.
The quality is remarkably good for the price. The material is more like a polo/tee shirt than a cycling shirt and has kept its shape after 3 or 4 washes.
I bought 2 thinking it wasn't a great deal to lose if they were no good but I think I will order more, its just a shame they don't have them in any other colour but grey .
If you are looking for a more casual top which isn't skin tight I think you cant go far wrong with them.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
These http://www.startfitness.co.uk/product.asp?strParents=4070,4781&CAT_ID=4926&P_ID=44930 as mentioned in this thread turned out to be a good buy.
Im 5'11" with a 40'/41" chest and a little spare around the middle. The large fit me like a regular polo shirt but with the added advantage of a longer back with a small discreet zipped pocket n the seam on one side. Just big enough for a wallet and keys.
Boo. That's a deal breaker for me. The one must-have thing for me in a cycling jersey is a back pocket big enough for my waterproof jacket.

When buying cycling gear I feel like a leper and that perhaps I am doing something I should not do as so much of the gear is aimed at very fit, thin young people. Perhaps there is an opening for Saga or Marks and Spencer to bring out a range of cycle gear- all baggy and beige, with expandable waistbands.
:smile: Maybe we should go into business together and seek crowd funding. I can see it now "OverTheHillTrousers" advertised in the sunday supplements in a choice of colours with names like "Stone" and "Clay", which actually mean beige.

Edit. My mind is racing: Instead of "winter gilets" we will, of course, offer "winter cardigans" and we'll be selling tartan (beige based, natch) overshoes. Also we could do accessories like a knitted bidon-cosy.

Last edited:

wintergreen

:smile: Maybe we should go into business together and seek crowd funding. I can see it now "OverTheHillTrousers" advertised in the sunday supplements in a choice of colours with names like "Stone" and "Clay", which actually mean beige..

Bib shorts with belt loops for those of us who like that belt and braces security.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Hi, I had the same issue, not a lycra fan and not too slim around the belly either, ended up with a Mavic Sprint Relax and its really comfy, doesn't hug and not too baggy, plus loadsa pockets. Check size on size chart as L from 1 brand is different size to L from another.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/...clid=CO3d1YukhL8CFQIewwodq2wACg&gclsrc=aw.ds#

Cheers for the heads up on these, half price now only £35 less another 10% if you use the code sale10 £31.50, be rude not to :thumbsup:

evo456

Über Member
Muddy fox jerseys from Sports direct? 2 can be had for £15, loose fit but has 3 open pockets and a zipped one at the back.

e-rider

crappy member
can I get them anywhere?

I am not fat but have a 33 inch waist and about a 41 inch chest and am just over 12 stone. As with many men in their 50s I am just a bit thick around the body so I just look daft in a skin tight top.

Buying bigger tops that are supposed to be skin tight is not the answer as I need the waist to fit or at least not flap around. I have a couple of tops bought many years ago but cannot find any lose fit cycling tops now.

I am just sending back a dhb top to wiggle that was supposed to be comfort fit (not tight). Complete waste of time as they say it is lose fit and size L will have a 41 1/2 inch chest. Item arrived today and is a 40 inch chest.
Any recommendations would be gratefully received.

Thanks
I think you need to re-assess your situation - 33" waist, 41" chest, 12 stone in weight - I doubt you are carrying much on the gut - get a grip!

Soltydog

Legendary Member
My mavic jersey arrived on Monday & I wore it today. Its a very generous fit & I should have probably got a size down, but having had poor sized tops recently I opted to play safe. Might be a bit too loose though as setting off to work at 4am this morning the cold air blew straight up the sleeves & was chilly for a few miles till the sun started coming up :thumbsup:

Top Bottom