Losing weight..... Or not

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tadpole

Bread is my vice, it's always wholemeal or seedy, is there another sandwich-outer that could be more helpful to weight loss? :hungry:
Yes, but You'll not like it. Salad. you know the big leaves from a cos lettuce. Wrap your filling in the large outer leaves, make them like little parcels. (think Doma Stuffed vine leaf) Cos or Romaine work well, and have so few calories you could eat three times as much filling for the same calories as a Boring sandwich.

byegad

Legendary Member
Well I did say cut back not abstain :smile:. I even have a cooked breakfast now and again and sometimes a mars bar :thumbsup:

Yes. I have a drink at the weekend and a packet of Liquorice Allsorts once a week, I love thses and they are my real 'treat'.

The NHS website is very good on lots of stuff, including this, and people should use it more often. http://www.nhs.uk/LiveWell/loseweight/Pages/Loseweighthome.aspx
Some of the pages are, some aren't. It's a bit contradictory in places.

Have a look in health and fitness for many threads on this where we all go over the same arguments as to what's best for you to eat ;) . I obviously rise above it all and don't make things worse :whistle:.

Loads of good advice here already. Cut the junk, you basically know what's not healthy. You need to change what you eat if you want to change your physical make up.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
"....Have a look in health and fitness for many threads...."

That must be an 'interesting' Google search!

Crankarm

Guru
Yes, but You'll not like it. Salad. you know the big leaves from a cos lettuce. Wrap your filling in the large outer leaves, make them like little parcels. (think Doma Stuffed vine leaf) Cos or Romaine work well, and have so few calories you could eat three times as much filling for the same calories as a Boring sandwich.

If you are exercising hard eg running or cycling regularly for a reasonable length of time, you need carbs. So don't cut them out. Wholemeal bread is one source.

e-rider

crappy member
Ive been doing a lot of miles since I signed up for the M2B. I've had my new bike for a week now and I've clocked 88 miles on the computer. So when will I notice the difference with my weight?!?.

My gut feels smaller put I've put 3lbs on this week. Maybe I've turned some fat into muscle?

What is a good diet for cycling? I'm eating a lot but probably all the wrong things.

I've been cycling 100+ miles each week for years and have lost no weight, despite being several stone overweight! I'm clearly consuming too many calories.
Most people agree that the secret to weight loss is something like 80% diet, 20% exercise.

Top Bottom