Lost in a haze of sleeping bags....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrahamG

Guru
...is there one particular 'go to' brand for lightweight down bags that don't break the bank? I've been doing a bit of searching around and the choice is absolutely mind boggling but much of it only suited to mountaineering types!

I'm after a down bag for a lady (it can be short!) under 1kg, packs small, comfort rated for 0 degrees C (she gets cold very easily) and come in under £150 - any ideas?

ChrisKH

Guru
Your weight constraint and down request is going to make it difficult to find many choices which will fulfill the cold weather comfort rating. Try flid and dilk Field and Trek. See http://www.fieldandtrek.com/cat_id/...c-Sanctuary-500-Light-Sleeping-Bag-781018.htm

OP
OP
G

GrahamG

Guru
I think I've found the kind of thing I'm looking for from PHDesigns.co.uk seriously impressive stuff and all made in the UK.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
GrahamG said:
I think I've found the kind of thing I'm looking for from PHDesigns.co.uk seriously impressive stuff and all made in the UK.
PHD aren't exactly cheap, but if you aren't in a hurry they do sales a couple of times a year (you've just missed one).

Watch out for the cost of non-standard extras, like £24 for fitting a full length zip to a bag that doesn't normally have one, or 10%(??) extra for the extra long version.

I'd suggest an Alpkit Pipedream 400 (£110, 750g, -3°C) if it wasn't currently out of stock.

Danny

Legendary Member
Was in Blacks today and noticed they had a couple of North Face down bags in their Clearance Sale. They were reduced to £119 and £129 respectively.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Do any of them come with a choice of which side the zip is on? Just makes the occasional earth moving manoeuvre a little easier:blush:

Top Bottom