Lost keys

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BearPear

Veteran
As I type my husband is turning the house upside down looking for the keys to a Kryptonite D-lock which was used to secure both his bikes a week ago. After the Tour de Yorkshire sportive he cleaned his bike and locked it up - today he can't find the keys. His solution, in his frenzied state is to buy another bike, which for those of you who subscribe to the school of N+1 would seem an ideal solution, but in reality doesn't really work for me!

The Internet tells me that (1) he's an idiot for keeping both keys together and (2) you can't break the lock without an angle grinder or mahoosive bolt croppers. Does anyone have any constructive advice?

Thanks

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
You can order replacement keys from the Kryptonite website BUT you need the key number which is stamped on the plastic part, so if he hasn't written it down...

OP
OP
BearPear

BearPear

Veteran
He has a face like a smacked bum, very unhappy bunny. Slight glimmer of hope in that the lock is securing Kryptonite cable so maybe finding bolt-croppers would be an option?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
If you happen to have any dry ice knocking around, I've been told (by a doctor friend, who has access to dry ice, for some god knows why reason) that you can freeze it and crack it open. Some of the internet tells me this is true. Some of the internet tells me this is b0ll0cks.

latest?cb=20121205194057

Attachments

• latest?cb=20121205194057
    latest?cb=20121205194057
    19.4 KB · Views: 40
Top Bottom