Lost keys

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Yes I'm sure that they will turn up again, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but sometime (hopefully before N+1, a tragic angle-grinding accident or incidental lopping-off of fingers with bolt croppers occurs!)
@young Ed, Nut Crackers amongst that list of equipment available. Weathering purposes only!

Katherine

Guru
Good luck with your search. They will be somewhere...

I lost my keys with the bike key on. It's so old there was no spare. I had new house keys cut and a week later my husband found MY keys in HIS coat pocket! Meanwhile, I had searched the woods, the house, all my bags and pockets, the staff room, rang all the shops and the local police station.

irw

Quadricyclist
Good luck with your search. They will be somewhere...

I lost my keys with the bike key on. It's so old there was no spare. I had new house keys cut and a week later my husband found MY keys in HIS coat pocket! Meanwhile, I had searched the woods, the house, all my bags and pockets, the staff room, rang all the shops and the local police station.

Ahh, you see the mistake made there was that he should have found them, then slipped them into your coat pocket! :whistle::ph34r:

MarkF

Guru
I locked my bike up outside Fanny's Ale House in Saltaire last summer but my key wouldn't open the lock when it was time to leave. I walked home, returned with a hacksaw and spent a good 20 minutes sawing through the lock of my bike, attached to post on a busy A road. Not one person asked me what I was doing.

I'd taken the wrong key out with me anyway............

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Thanks for all the comments - our neighbour works at a garage, maybe he can assist with bolt croppers. Angle grinder held aloft, in mid-air over bikes sounds more like something out of the A-Team, rather than the Whacky Races scenario we are currently faced with

Depending upon the type of garage your neighbour works at, i.e.local not a main dealer, he may be more likely to have an angle grinder with a cutting disk.
If your husband doesn't have experience with an angle grinder, beware of sparks on him personally and on flammable material in the vicinity of the bikes in bondage.:smile:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Unless the first and the last are the same.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Ask a passing ne'erdowell scrote to crack the lock for you. They can usually be off with a bike in less than a few minutes!!

young Ed

Veteran
always in the last place you would for them, because you don;t keep looking after you've found em'!
Cheers Ed

young Ed

Veteran
If Mrs Dave looses anything she asks her Granny where it is. She asks out loud.

Gran has been dead for 10 years, but within a couple of minutes she knows where it is.

Sounds like bollocks, but I've seen it work a few times!
i ask my mum where it is, if mum can't find something you might as well give up!
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
BearPear

BearPear

Veteran
I have done a "girl's look" to no avail. The fireman husband of a friend said the local station might assist, but they would be in bother if their equipment broke in the process!

Top Bottom