Lost my gilet - keep an eye out !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
On a Friday Night Ride I once saw someone's rear light drop off. I stopped and picked it up. At the half way stop I went to the rider I was pretty certain had dropped it, and they denied ownership. Maybe I was mistaken about the owner, so I hawked it around everyone on the ride and no-one admitted ownership. It was a really nice light but I don't have a suitable mount so it's in a box somewhere.

club ride cancelled as it was frosty again so i took mrs ck and we went to look in the car , its red and she was looking for a yellow one ;)
Found it though it a muddy gutter but apart from that it doesnt look damaged

Oh well done! Love a happy ending.

I often think that I like cycling to the cafes we go to on a Sunday but I could never be bothered to drive that far.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
club ride cancelled as it was frosty again so i took mrs ck and we went to look in the car , its red and she was looking for a yellow one ;)
Excellent!

I would be a bit more careful with rear pocket stowage in future though... :whistle:

I make sure that I squeeze things like that in sideways so they are more secure. (Or just use a backpack or pannier.)

Mike_P

Guru

Well done, my attempts to find lost items have usually been unsuccessful. A rather expensive waterproof top and a bike lock security cable being the most costly loses.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Excellent!

I would be a bit more careful with rear pocket stowage in future though... :whistle:

I make sure that I squeeze things like that in sideways so they are more secure. (Or just use a backpack or pannier.)

indeed , the pockets on that jersey were smaller than my usual ones and i just happened to grab that top .I do have a storage container in a bottle cage but given the time of year it had a windproof in already

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
indeed , the pockets on that jersey were smaller than my usual ones and i just happened to grab that top .I do have a storage container in a bottle cage but given the time of year it had a windproof in already

Get a big baggy saddlebag. Go on, you know you really want one. ;)

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
While out driving yesterday I saw a high viz yellow top hung on a metal poled fence. Curiosity got the better of me so I had to stop and take a look to see if it might've been @cyberknight's gilet, but on just looking it up I see I'm 93.5 miles from where he lost it, so it couldn't have been his.;)

YxcpTR8m-Bb9P5nEy2LLE7fBZVKqR2x02l5cLw?w=650&h=200.png
Anyway, after all that, on taking it off the fence I found it was a workman's skanky safety jacket. How do I know this. Well apart from the obvious appearance of the object I heard the owner shout from across the road "Oi, what ya doin"!! "Leave that f..k..g thing where it is"!! He actually thought I was going to steal the manky thing!! :rolleyes: :laugh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom