Lost my gilet - keep an eye out !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Did anyone find it and hand it back in?

Or did the dirty muggers keep it for themselves....

She kept it, along with the packet of Ritz crackers I bribed her with.

Big John

Guru
I've not been over to Abbots Bromley since I packed in group riding with Stafford Road Club. Nice to see someone local to me.....well, Stafford isn't that far away! Hope you find it, by the way.

Jameshow

Veteran
I dropped a decent pair of cycling sunglasses once. When I realised I'd lost them I went back, only to see them crushed/flattened in the road. I've also had cycling computers fall off, then when I've stopped asap and gone back to retrieve it either found it crushed, or in one case saw and heard it being run over before I could get to it!:sad:

Yeap lost a cateye cycling computer down a very bumpy track which then gave me a picture before the rain started!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I lost a Castelli fold up, stick in the back pocket cycling top over 6 years ago while out cycling. It was fairly new. I'd only lost an Aldi one a few months before and thought i'd replace it with a better quality Castelli one bought for half price (about £35). I lost it while out on a 30 mile ride and didn't realise till I got home. I decided to do the whole ride/route again to see if I could find it in the road or something, but no luck. Obviously someone found it and decided to either keep it or sell it on fleabay, though I didn't see it on there for sale. After that I didn't buy another fold up jacket, thinking it'd only happen again.
I've found the thread I started when I lost my Castelli jacket.
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/lost-castelli-pack-away-jacket.219235/#post-4826351
I posted earlier that my lost jacket was 'fairly new', but it seems I'd had it for 2 years. I feel a bit better now, knowing at least I'd had 2 years wear out of it before losing it! :okay:

Last edited:
OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
looks like the planned ride is canned anyway , frosty so dodgy with the flood water.

Tenkaykev

Guru
I lost one of my earbuds whilst out walking ( pulled my neck warmer off forgetting about them ). Fortunately the remaining one worked on its own so I kept using it. Lost the other one last week, doing exactly the same thing 🤔😮.

Drago

Legendary Member

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Top Bottom