Lost my temper

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sandra6

Veteran
I've really mellowed as a cyclist and I let most things go, close passes, being cut up. The worst I've done all year is make rude gestures and shout sweary things, but this morning I lost it and chased a driver.
Typical left turner on the rab, doesn't think giving way to the right applies to him so I slowed so as not to get taken out but I didn't yield entirely and he let me go. But he decides he's not happy with me being in front of him and despite the car travelling in the opposite direction, overtakes me with inches to spare.
I was raging and knew he was going into a dead end so I followed him. Banged on his window and asked if he could see me now!
It seems he did know how to give way to the right, but it was all my fault for being in the middle of the road!!!
I swore some more.
I didn't feel better. He wasn't sorry and I should know better.
Next time I will cycle on. I promise

ayceejay

Guru
In terms of anger management I think it is best to vent it at the cause or causer rather than bottle it up to beat your other half with.

classic33

Leg End Member
I've really mellowed as a cyclist and I let most things go, close passes, being cut up. The worst I've done all year is make rude gestures and shout sweary things, but this morning I lost it and chased a driver.
Typical left turner on the rab, doesn't think giving way to the right applies to him so I slowed so as not to get taken out but I didn't yield entirely and he let me go. But he decides he's not happy with me being in front of him and despite the car travelling in the opposite direction, overtakes me with inches to spare.
I was raging and knew he was going into a dead end so I followed him. Banged on his window and asked if he could see me now!
It seems he did know how to give way to the right, but it was all my fault for being in the middle of the road!!!
I swore some more.
You only swore some!
Be careful with dead ends though.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
I swore some more.

Been there done that, I like the look on their face when you catch them up particularly if they are in a sporty car :evil:

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
Most of them wouldn't do it in the first place if they had the feintist idea of how scary it is for the rider.
But you do get the occasional fool.
In London where I am it is common, but you get used to it(unfortunately). I do believe that most genuinely do not know what is too close.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I nearly got run over by someone pulling out of a right hand junction last week , they proceeded to crawl around the estate after nearly making me bonnet surf so i waited at the next junction and told them to look where they are going
"What ?" was the reply.

Lonestar

Veteran
I think I'd have preferred a "smidsy"
He was fully aware he was too close, but it was my fault for daring to take the lane. I was about to signal to turn right, if I had I'd have punched his windscreen.
I wish I had!

Had a SMIDSY just past Mile End next junction just over a week ago and although they are rare I saw it coming.My point being I had a horrendous SMIDSY in 2010 and almost hit a 4x4 head on.I've located the video and have put it on Vimeo where it is processing.Will post it up later.

(Ha. W.Panzer is automatically changed to 4x4.)

It's not your fault if he is a twat.

Last edited:

sidevalve

Über Member
I see your point but beware - I have worked with several people who would [and easily could] put you in hospital for doing such a thing [and no they wouldn't worry about the consequences either]. No it aint right but it can happen, it's best, hard as it is, to just to let it go

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I swore some more.
Well done! As I was told a few days ago "you lot are goby daffodils"

Hyslop

Veteran
I swore some more.
Good for you!:okay::boxing:Im fairly quiet too,but just occasionally I get fed up of some of the diddies round here,as you did today.The last one close passed me just after the Moorhouse Rd roundabout,screaming his oafish head off.Unfortunately he turned into one of the estates,as did I-after "Come here Fatboy"he got a rocket in front of his wife and neighbours that made him shake."Scum,we cant abide him" was his neighbours opinion.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Och, Sandra, hugs!
You're not the only one getting fed up: today I turned (ha ha, can turn body while cycling straight very well nowadays ^_^) anyhoo, this WP was parked right into the cycle lane, conversing with his pal also WP parked in the cycle lane opposite :cursing: so I cycled past, turned, gave him my most disapproving look.
He did see me doing it, sadly I don't think he understood.

Top Bottom