Lost my temper

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear

This was my SMIDSY I was talking about,5 years ago.I lost my rag over this one so the sound is cut.

After this near wipeout I changed my handlebars from drops to bullhorn as I couldn't get to the brakes fast enough.

Maybe the headlights are a clue.

1.jpg

Lonestar

Veteran
Maybe the headlights are a clue.

View attachment 104539

What a clue that he was going to cross in front of me all of a sudden? Do you actually realise how fast that change of direction at the speed he was going?

Are headlights the new indicators then? Doh!

Got to be one of the biggest wind ups or one of the dumbest posts I've read on Cyclechat.I'd go with the latter.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
What a clue that he was going to cross in front of me all of a sudden? Do you actually realise how fast that change of direction at the speed he was going?

Got to be one of the biggest wind ups or one of the dumbest posts I've read on Cyclechat.I'd go with the latter.
It looks like the driver was indicating, and also foreign plates, so maybe not used to driving on the left?

Lonestar

Veteran
It looks like the driver was indicating, and also foreign plates, so maybe not used to driving on the left?

So that makes it ok?

It looks like he was indicating? You were there then?

Christ almighty this just gets worse.Stop making excuses for a complete cretin driver.

Andy_R

No, but It does go someway to explaining why it happened, and also it points to maybe you should be a little more aware of hazards around you - it's known as dynamic risk assessment

Lonestar

Veteran
No, but It does go someway to explaining why it happened, and also it points to maybe you should be a little more aware of hazards around you - it's known as dynamic risk assessment

Stop trolling me with your stupid wind ups.

A car suddenly crosses in front of me with me going between 15 and 20mph and you come out with this crap.

Andy_R

Pft...offer advise and get accused of trolling. Marvellous. Keep on ignoring the obvious hazards then matey and blame everyone else for everything. You are, after all, perfect in every thing you say and do.

Lonestar

Veteran
Ok,not worth replying any further because obviously you know better.You were probably driving.

I cant actually believe I got blamed for this incident but I underestimated how stupid people are.

Andy_R

Nope. I was probably teaching DfT National Standard Instructor trainees, but thank you for aknowledging that I obviously know better:okay:

Lonestar

Veteran
Nope. I was probably teaching DfT National Standard Instructor trainees.:okay:

Good for you.

Wow,it's taken me five years to realise that incident was my fault.Don't think I agree but never mind.I just wonder if I had been able to get to the brakes faster down that side street whether I could have prevented that incident from happening.

Polish Land Rover so why didn't he see me? Left Hand drive? Mobile phone? Tinted glass windows?

Last edited:

Andy_R

Ok,not worth replying any further because obviously you know better.You were probably driving.

I cant actually believe I got blamed for this incident but I underestimated how stupid people are.
:stop:No one is blaming you, merely saying it could have been avoided if both parties were paying attention to their surroundings. The car appears in your view at approximately 15 and a half second in, then starts to turn just after 18 seconds - a good 2 and a half seconds for you to see the indicators and the foreign plates and to prepare to slow down if necessary. Stop being so defensive.

Last edited:

Lonestar

Veteran
:stop:No one is blaming you, merely saying it could have been avoided if both parties were paying attention to their surroundings. Stop being so defensive.

Sorry for being offensive looks like I don't know how to take criticism.My position on the handlebars at the time was nowhere near the brakes.Has now been remedied.

No hard feelings.I'll make my way now.:okay:

Last edited:

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear

I meant that the headlights may be a clue that he can't see too well. Nor does he think that much when driving.

Top Bottom