Lost my temper

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
I nearly got run over by someone pulling out of a right hand junction last week , they proceeded to crawl around the estate after nearly making me bonnet surf so i waited at the next junction and told them to look where they are going
"What ?" was the reply.
Probably because they couldn't see where the voice was coming from....

Maylian

Veteran
I got cut up yesterday at a RB where the car to my left decided to not turn left and cut into my lane. As he did (with his window wound down) I thanked him for the excellent indication, to which I got an odd look.

A few miles up a hill and along a main road I see him stuck in a traffic jam so I cruise past him and gave him a "friendly" wave and carry along :smile:

BEHMOTH66

I've only ever confronted 1 guy and his girlfriend who had almost taken me out while I was in a cycle lane they then proceeded to give me abuse for 100 yards oh the joy when the lights turned red at the next junction when they had thought they'd escaped me Tap on the window " Excuse me want to get out and discuss this" ( well that's what I wanted to say but it came out like " Get out of your effing car and then I'm going to slam your head into the pavement you effing D16%head" or words to that effect)never seen a guy try and lock a door so fast as I went to open his door and drag him out should have seen him screech off as soon as the light started to change. I did have a chuckle the rest of the way home.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
I have just let rip on my commute in, i'm really annoyed that I did it, I think I upset the driver. I won't do it again! I can share the details but no point.

Lonestar

Veteran

This was my SMIDSY I was talking about,5 years ago.I lost my rag over this one so the sound is cut.

After this near wipeout I changed my handlebars from drops to bullhorn as I couldn't get to the brakes fast enough.

andyfraser

Über Member

This was my SMIDSY I was talking about,5 years ago.I lost my rag over this one so the sound is cut.

After this near wipeout I changed my handlebars from drops to bullhorn as I couldn't get to the brakes fast enough.

I sometimes wonder whether incidents like these are genuinely that they didn't see you or whether someone sees a bike and thinks that bikes are slow so they have plenty of time to move without trying to judge the actual speed of the bike.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I sometimes wonder whether incidents like these are genuinely that they didn't see you or whether someone sees a bike and thinks that bikes are slow so they have plenty of time to move without trying to judge the actual speed of the bike.
by the looks of it, the driver genuinely was only looking for cars, vans, busses, not road users

Lonestar

Veteran
by the looks of it, the driver genuinely was only looking for cars, vans, busses, not road users

Similar to the recent one @ Mile End but differences were I reached the brakes quicker and saw it earlier.Also @ Mile End I had a ton of dodging space.I was also in Hi-Viz in both incidents.I think people just switch off sometimes plus the amount of junctions I pass through make these incidents rare.

markharry66

Über Member
I am normally quite placid, lost it a few weeks ago on mini roundabout. Sitting there waiting to over round about straight a head watching white van take third exit. Car decides to push straight through almost taking out me and white van. We are talking less than an inch worth of space as he decided I was taking to long.
Chased him down the hill and knocked on his window. Informed him what he had done in calm voice only to be told that he did look.
Sometimes wish I had a cam. So this sent me into a fit of rage as I also noticed he had a lanyard with nhs on there surely you should know better.

Screaming match, so I just walked off - this is and was pointless and a waste of time as drivers like this dont care used to think you might save someones life in the future by putting them right but they would have to give a toss first.

markharry66

Über Member
Also I have changed to a hybrid with bull bars find that metal bars add protection from close passes to close leaves a nice dent.

OP
OP
Sandra6

Sandra6

Veteran
I think it's definitely the latter, so many times a motorist will sit at a junction looking straight at you then at the last minute pull out clearly thinking " yup, I can make it"
And I don't know about you, but I slow down in self preservation mode so they drive off thinking they were right.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
There are undoubtedly some drivers who think all cyclists are ambling along at walking pace, but there are also others who think "might is right" and "he'll stop for me because my car's bigger than him". SMIDSY yeah right...

Top Bottom